ClutchMasters and the many stages.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Cage

ClutchMasters and the many stages.

Post by Cage »

Ok, I think I am going to go with a clutchmasters Clutch for my KLZE swap. My question is this:<BR>Stage O = factory $128 bucks (MX-6 2.5)<BR>Stage 1 is $318 bucks and the <BR>stage 2 and 3 $453 bucks.<BR>If the stage 1 has 70% more holding force that the stock version why would I need a stage 2? I see that the stage 2 is geared toward longer life and street racing but if this is just going to be a commuter car will a stage 0 get me by for a few years. I am not going to be hard on the car I am only getting the KLZE due to cost effectiveness and bragging rights. I am going to have my flywheel from my current 1.8 resurfaced but not shaved. I am on a really tight budget and would love just to put the stage 2 in but baby always need’s a new pair of shoes. Also has anybody done their own clutch for the Mx-3? I figure It will be a lot easier to due the clutch while the new engine is on the skid. I have heard it is still an 8hour day to get it done however. 120000 Miles on the fuel pump & the water pump I am going to shoot to get that done as well.<BR> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
VizualXTC

Re: ClutchMasters and the many stages.

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cage:<BR><STRONG>Ok, I think I am going to go with a clutchmasters Clutch for my KLZE swap. My question is this:<BR>Stage O = factory $128 bucks (MX-6 2.5)<BR>Stage 1 is $318 bucks and the <BR>stage 2 and 3 $453 bucks.<BR>If the stage 1 has 70% more holding force that the stock version why would I need a stage 2? I see that the stage 2 is geared toward longer life and street racing but if this is just going to be a commuter car will a stage 0 get me by for a few years. I am not going to be hard on the car I am only getting the KLZE due to cost effectiveness and bragging rights. I am going to have my flywheel from my current 1.8 resurfaced but not shaved. I am on a really tight budget and would love just to put the stage 2 in but baby always need?s a new pair of shoes. Also has anybody done their own clutch for the Mx-3? I figure It will be a lot easier to due the clutch while the new engine is on the skid. I have heard it is still an 8hour day to get it done however. 120000 Miles on the fuel pump & the water pump I am going to shoot to get that done as well.<BR> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>If you don't plan to do much racing the stage 0 will work. If you want to race the mininum I would suggest would be the stage 1. The stage 0 will be fine for racing, but the stage 1 will ensure that you lock up quick. I am going with the CM stage 3 on my car when I get my KLZE/Turbo/N20 setup installed. I can get a killer deal on them tho.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
jspicoli

Post by jspicoli »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VizualXTC:<BR><STRONG><P>If you don't plan to do much racing the stage 0 will work. If you want to race the mininum I would suggest would be the stage 1. The stage 0 will be fine for racing, but the stage 1 will ensure that you lock up quick. I am going with the CM stage 3 on my car when I get my KLZE/Turbo/N20 setup installed. I can get a killer deal on them tho.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Can you get me that killer deal too???
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jspicoli:<BR><STRONG><P>Can you get me that killer deal too???</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The guy I know has been kicked offline, but I know peeps who know him personally. I will see what I can do.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
doughboyZmx-3

Post by doughboyZmx-3 »

hey cage if you want a clutchmasters clutch<BR>you should go to <A HREF="http://www.rr-racing.com/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.rr-racing.com/</A> the prices here are one of the best, it cost $370 for stage 3 you should check it out.
timpronk

Post by timpronk »

I purchased a Clutchmasters stage 1 from R-R racing. It shouldnt take 8 hrs to install if the tranny and engine are out of the car. <P>So far my clutch has worked great with my klze. I didnt want to spend to much either considering I bought it at the same time as my engine. But I am happy with my stage 1
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”