CatBack system on MX-3

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Gabriel Sandoval

CatBack system on MX-3

Post by Gabriel Sandoval »

ok check this out. i wanna get a catback system for my mx-3. i currently have my stock V6 1.8L automatic. but i WILL upgrade to a KL-ZE 2.5l V6 early next year. a friend told me that if i get one now (catback system) then i will have to get a new one next year cuz of my engine change. is that true? cuz if so i might as well wait till next year?<BR>also are there alot of aftermarket catback systems that can go on an mx-3?
Babie I gots player in me
Max

Re: CatBack system on MX-3

Post by Max »

Brullen makes one of the best...<P>you could always go custom..
mx3ADAM

Post by mx3ADAM »

pace setter makes a decent one as well
I EAT HONDAS FOR BREAKFAST!!!<P>MMMMM HONDA, TASTES LIKE "CHICKEN"!!
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

brullen is garbage is blows out and sounds like crap(super expensive)...just get some 2.5 piping (mandrel bent) and a nice muffler....5 zigen fireball muffler is the best sounds great and looks so aggressive, apexi n1 style is good, hks is good... I think revolution fireball style is a decent muffler...check ebay they have mufflers there if you can't find any in your area, stay away from ractive and vibrant (cheap if you don't like spending alot of money)...if you can't afford to get something decent don't bother cause you will have to replace the muffler after is blows out and sounds like crap
Steve
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

i agree that brullen is crap and pacesetter makes a good affordable system. If you find something with 2 1/4 piping you should do fine with the k8 or the 2.5l. If not you could always switch piping but keep the muff and res. what type of sound are you looking for or do you even care?
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Gabriel Sandoval

thanks guys. so if i get the catback system now and get the klze next year i wont need any major remodifications for the catback system right? i want something that performs good, looks good and has that clean sound that can also be loud.<BR>the shop down the street was trying to talk to me about getting Ravin. they were all trying to convince me that it is very popular especially in the east coast but my friend told me that Ravin is more for like muscle cars. either ways i didnt want to buy one so early because my kit is due to arrive and i should wait until i get it cuz they have to adjust the muffler to my kit.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

what about "OBX" mufflers? are they good ? [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

what about CP canister mufflers? are they good? 80 bucks for one is it worth it?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

HAHAHA, not one person answered your ?. The answer is NO. If you put a catback system in now, you will want to upgrade to a 2.5" pipe. That is plenty for the KLZE engine. The only thing you may need to change is the downpipe. Like Stevech said, apex'i mufflers are excellent. I think you should go custom also. I dunno if I ever gave you the site or not, but <A HREF="http://www.corksport.com" TARGET=_blank>www.corksport.com</A> has some stuff for the MX-3.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Gabriel Sandoval

coo im glad somebody answered that question. but now since the whole situation has changed (can get the klze first) i will probably do that first then analyze what i will do next. i knew about apexi and ill probably go with that.<BR>thanks<BR>gabriel
pelado

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mitmaks:<BR><STRONG><BR>what about "OBX" mufflers? are they good ? <P>what about CP canister mufflers? are they good? 80 bucks for one is it worth it?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Are you shopping on eBay or sumthin?
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”