HELP.. LAST ADVICE... YOU make MY decision

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mx3Mazda

HELP.. LAST ADVICE... YOU make MY decision

Post by Mx3Mazda »

Ok well i am thinkin bout buyimng an auto GS 92, 151000 km's stock tranny never had ne problems with it.. now do u think i shoudl get it..Please do not say ur answer jsut because a certain tranny is "more fun" im 16 and i jsut need an economical car that looks nice.. hence the Mx-3..so shoudl i buy this auto or is gonna be trouble?
nicolasbeique

Re: HELP.. LAST ADVICE... YOU make MY decision

Post by nicolasbeique »

I don't think it will be trouble, the only problems with the V6 is that its starts making a quiet (or sometimes fairly loud) ticking noise that can be fixed with 300$ can (loose cam gear). I think that the V6 is a great engine and that your car will probably last you for a while but one thing... the V6 is FAR from being economic... i drive my car fairly hard and I only get about 350kms a tank... my guess i that i could get 450 out of it if i was nice to it but where is the fun there ;) <P>Lov my mx-3 though... i have 165 000 kms on mine and it performs still AMAZING.... I would say get the car... but if you are not big on power at all... get a 4cylinder (I mean REALLY not big on power... because they really lack it)... good fuel economie though...<P><BR>Good luck man
<A HREF="http://www.spheregraphics.com/" TARGET=_blank>Image</A>
Mx3Mazda

Post by Mx3Mazda »

meh i jsut came off a 3.4 litres trust me NETHING is good mileage! lol... but ok thats wat i needed to hear... is that the autos are mor reliable then ppl say.. thanks but hes asking 8500.. now i mean as u all knwo cars are WAY more expensive in saskatchewan, but not that much more.. ithink thats about a grand too much
jrs1874

Post by jrs1874 »

blue book value is around 4000 usd.
Jason
Mx3Mazda

Post by Mx3Mazda »

so this auto shouldnt be trouble.... im gald... is there ne test a mechanic can do to check it out?
nicolasbeique

Post by nicolasbeique »

Is it a GS or RS... just check the thicking if its a GS (which you can fix for 300$ anyways) and get mazda dealership to do a 150 point (or something like that) inspection. They usually get the transmition, brakes, fluids, cluth, etc...<P>Make sure they check to make sure the engine has good compression. And remember that if it comes down to everything is good but you need new brakes or fluids etc... stuff like that isn't that expesive... its really your chasis, suspesion, transmittion and engine that matter... other stuff can be fixed easily and for cheap.<P>Good luck and tell us how it turns out!
<A HREF="http://www.spheregraphics.com/" TARGET=_blank>Image</A>
Mx3Mazda

Post by Mx3Mazda »

well i call mazda they quoted me 75 bucks plus tax for a full check without hte compression test, and that will be a little more..<BR>only mazda dealership in regina so i guess i gotta pay :s
Balhirath

Post by Balhirath »

Hmm I kinda wish the the car prices here in europe was as low at those in the US. I just bought a 92 (The 1.8 V6) that had 172000 km on it and paid $10000.. and that is about $4000 lower than what the dealers want for a car like that :)<BR>And Nic is right: The 4 cylinder sucks powerwise and sounds even worse.
Ramdao

Post by Ramdao »

don´t hesitate go and buy it. but make it shure is a GS, DOCH, MT-5
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

i understand this is the "V6" forum, but come on guys, no need to bash the 4cyl. :D <P><BR>by the way, i have power windows, power locks, and a sunroof. ya got me on the abs though.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

oops, double post...sorry. well, so i don't waste bandwidth(completely): i say get it. i don't know much about the exchange rate and how much cars go for where you are, but the mx is a very nice car to have.<p>[ June 04, 2002: Message edited by: cre8v mx3 ]
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”