engine swap HELP!!!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
David Witherow

engine swap HELP!!!

Post by David Witherow »

i have a '92 rs 1.6L. i have 240,000kms and i want a new engine i found a place that will get engines and swap them for a reasonable price. the problem is i dont know what i should go with. should i swap the v6 from a mx-6/probe , should i go with the 1.8 turbo 4cyl, klze, or 1.8 v6 from gs. i want power, and i would like something that i can get after market parts for. any suggestions would be great. anything you know about swapping engines would be apprecitated..<BR>thanx<P>------------------<BR>
AlphaBitz

Re: engine swap HELP!!!

Post by AlphaBitz »

Correct me if I'm wrong guys but aren't the mountings for the 4cyl not capable of using the V6 engines for the MX-3?<BR><P>------------------<BR>Jesse Turner<BR>aka AlphaBitz<BR>MX-3 Dreamer<BR>Kanata, Ontario, Canada
PHieT850

Post by PHieT850 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AlphaBitz:<BR><B>Correct me if I'm wrong guys but aren't the mountings for the 4cyl not capable of using the V6 engines for the MX-3?<P><BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>i thought that as well....phiet
Dont want something, that doesnt want you back
CrazyLilMike

Post by CrazyLilMike »

You r right....to go 6 cyl you need mounts, tranny, axles, and the list goes on...look at the engine swap part of mx-3.com: vaughn has a complete list of whats needed...if i where u i would look at hp`s and are you looking at street drivin or "real" racing. Also look at funds carefully. mike
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

i know it would take a lot what i realy want it the turbo 4cyl but its hard to find and v6 are readily avil. thats my dilema

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”