Need help!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
NBishop

Need help!

Post by NBishop »

It's been a while since i've posted here, but i have a big problem. This morning on my way to school i noticed it was harder than usual to put in gear (mostly first) but there was no real problem. I went a few places after school and don't notice anything. But then i get home, and later and go back out to my car and turn it on and it will not go into any gear. It just will not let me put it in any gear, not even reverse. If the car isn't on then i can get it in gear, but once i turn the key it just wont allow me. Does anyone know what the problem could be? When the engine isn't on it will go in gear, but when i try with the engine on it just won't let me. And i tried putting it in gear, then starting it and (even with the clutch in) it just won't recognize that the clutch is in OR that it's in gear. I have no clue, what exactly the problem. Any info or suggestions on what it may be would really help. Thanks
Neil Bishop<BR>aim-nbish4350
Tempus

Re: Need help!

Post by Tempus »

Just to be sure we are understanding what you are saying.<P>If you put the car into gear, and they try to start it (with the clutch pedal down of course), what is happening? Will the starter not engage? Or does it start but nothing happens when you let out the clutch?
{sigh} Time to move on
Out with the old: Tropical Emerald MX-3 GSR (KL-DE)
In with the new: Phantom Blue Mazda3s GT
NBishop

Post by NBishop »

when you put it into gear and try to start it, the engine will start but it does not recognize that it is in gear and will stall (yes even if still pressing the clutch) unless you put it back in neutral. thanks
Neil Bishop<BR>aim-nbish4350
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Could be a bad throw out bearing or Clutch fork. Only way to inspect it is to drop the gearbox.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”