HEEELLLPPP!!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
onyx_ZX3

HEEELLLPPP!!!

Post by onyx_ZX3 »

ok so i changed the fuel filter and took out the pump to clean the screen....then i put it all back togather and now it wont start again...WTF is up with this car....i have already replaced the disty, cap-n-rotor, wires fuel filter, battery...damn all because i wanted to install pheno spacers.....i am gonna find a match and burn that MoFo to the ground.....<P>Is there anything i should do after i install the fuel pump back in? anything anyone knows about fuel systems that could apply here? I really dont know all, this car hasnt moved that far in 2 years....i drained the tank and put new fuel in....no fuel lines are leaking, but i can smell fuel when i try to start it.....I finally got it to run last night,still had symptoms of that lag or hesitation when i tried to drive it...is there anywhere i can find a good diagram for the vacuum lines thast connect to the t/b? the online manual is too crowded on the pic to see anything......<P>the car cranks and cranks, fires here and there every once in awhile, but wont keep firing to run on its own...plus the vaf pops(like the sliding piece inside is banging) and i get a gas release sound somewhere like a phss..<P>come on somebody please reply....i cant search on the e0listing because its down...figures....
92 GS Black (retired to wife control, but in my care)<BR>01 Focus Zx3 Black<BR>I'm Still Stationed In AR...Help???
pelado

Re: HEEELLLPPP!!!

Post by pelado »

Re-trace your spark plug wires and make sure you installed the distributor correctly. Sounds like you got something crossed up when you changed all that stuff out. Lot's of room for errors when you change a bunch of stuff at once. There's an online shop manual on mx3.com if you need it. :)
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
T Biller

Post by T Biller »

A couple of ideas... one thing I did wrong once on a car was to go the wrong way around the dist. cap ie. counter clockwise instead of clockwise or vise versa. It was a four banger, so two cylenders were right two wrong, so it ran on two. The hiss sounds like you have a real bad vacuum leak, try get a piece of hose to use as a stethescope, just hold one end in your ear and move the other around your vacuum lines and if you find it the hiss will get louder. Check that you are getting good strong spark too. It's probably not a fuel problem if you can smell it and you've had it running. Hope that might help!
onyx_ZX3

Post by onyx_ZX3 »

thank you for the quick replies...but...it wouldnt start earlier right...well i let it sit hopin it was flooded or somthing...and then about 4 hours later BAM! it started...and i took it out to go get my wife, and it wass fine..allthe way to redline, it didnt shudder once..well once it did, but it went away right away... possibly the lines were dirty....i was hoping it would run today...my funding was running out....thank goodness, it hasnt been on the road for over a year and a half...<P>but, it does tick alot louder now when it runs, like a valve but sounding as if its coming from the fuel rail area...hmmmm, it has newer synthetic in it...maybe a little low from sitting and then burning it all off...<P>robert<p>[ March 16, 2002: Message edited by: onyx_ZX3 ]
92 GS Black (retired to wife control, but in my care)<BR>01 Focus Zx3 Black<BR>I'm Still Stationed In AR...Help???

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”