Tire jack and tire iron

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Len-Dogg

Tire jack and tire iron

Post by Len-Dogg »

Has anybody used the tire jack that is included in our cars? The reason that I ask is that I am going to be switching my rims and tires soon, and I wanted to know if this thing is any good, or a piece of junk. I would like to do it myself if I can, but I want decent equipment. Also is there a tire iron in there somewhere?
Thanks,
1995 Blaze Red RS 5sp. Manual, Pacesetter Exhaust, Custom CAI, 17" ADR Rims, Kumho Tires, Altezzas, GS Style Spoiler and Mud Guards, Neoprene Seat Covers, Aluminum Foot Pedals, Leather Shift Knob, Remote Starter, Blaupunkt Stereo and 5-disc changer, Pioneer Speakers, Amp, and Sub<p>http://www.cardomain.com/id/lendogg<p>http://www.msu.edu/~leonar40/Car.html<p>Image
992mmx3

Re: Tire jack and tire iron

Post by 992mmx3 »

I used a floor jack for the fron two, and the one that came with my friends honda accord for my rear, I didnt have mine on me, it worked fine, but I hate using those kinds of jacks.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
mx3man83

Re: Tire jack and tire iron

Post by mx3man83 »

Our jacks are total trash. I hate them. I must be missing something because i always have to turn the screw thing with a screw driver, it takes me forever. Maybe if i had that piece your suppose to turn it with it wouldnt be quite as bad...but still...floor jacks rule!!
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”