Grasping at Straws (air filter problem??)

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
marksoden

Grasping at Straws (air filter problem??)

Post by marksoden »

Yup, the guy with the alternator/battery/VAF/electrical problem that can't be solved. So I was thinking while in my car today, staring at the bright intermittent engine light....is it possible something (filter?) is blocking air flow? The last error code pointed to VAF...which was replaced, but to no avail. It came to me that every time I get my oil changed, they look at my bright pink filter and it never needs changing. I haven't had to change that air filter in two years/30000KM at least! Does this seem strange?<p>[ February 10, 2002: Message edited by: marksoden ]
---------
94 Black MX3 GS Manual
Rich MX3

Re: Grasping at Straws (air filter problem??)

Post by Rich MX3 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by marksoden:<BR><STRONG>Yup, the guy with the alternator/battery/VAF/electrical problem that can't be solved. So I was thinking while in my car today, staring at the bright intermittent engine light....is it possible something (filter?) is blocking air flow? The last error code pointed to VAF...which was replaced, but to no avail. It came to me that every time I get my oil changed, they look at my bright pink filter and it never needs changing. I haven't had to change that air filter in two years/30000KM at least! Does this seem strange?<P>[ February 10, 2002: Message edited by: marksoden ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Nope. Doesn't seem strange to me. According to our owner's manual, the filter needs to be changed every 48,000km but inspected probably every 12,000km. So if they check the air filter everytime you get your oil changed, that shouldn't be the problem although it wouldn't hurt to check the air filter.
Richard Y.<BR>'94 Black GS<BR>Stock V6, minor mods
Tooprime

Re: Grasping at Straws (air filter problem??)

Post by Tooprime »

Hey Marsoden- where did you get your vaf and how much did it cost. Mine just went the other day.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”