Help! My window is stuck!!!!!!!!!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
garethmx3

Help! My window is stuck!!!!!!!!!!

Post by garethmx3 »

I was driving around today with the drivers window open but when i tried to put it back up nothing happened!!!!!!! It will go down more but not up,also the passenger side works fine.Anybody got any thoughts about this?thanks...... [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
polak_gino

Re: Help! My window is stuck!!!!!!!!!!

Post by polak_gino »

my windows still work, but i think i will have the same problem soon. They go down no problem but when i wanna close them i takes like a minute for them to get back up. it takes forever, and it looks gay when people are looking att me. Does anyone know what could be wrong. maybe u can help the both of us?
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

Metalic Green '92 GS 5-Speed
Rich MX3

Post by Rich MX3 »

I'm assuming you guys have power windows. Welcome to the club. MX-3's are notorious for having the power windows fail on them. I'm glad I didn't get that option when I bought mine. To fix the problem, you'll probably need to replace the motor that runs the power window. I heard it's quite expensive and not worth the money. So I guess you're stuck. No pun intended.
Richard Y.<BR>'94 Black GS<BR>Stock V6, minor mods
Kurt

Post by Kurt »

my driver side window is fine going down and was slow going up, real slow it seems to rub really hard against the groove or track that it runs in the side closest to the back of the car i have to lube it up every once and a while but works ok after that!
jrs1874

Post by jrs1874 »

You may need a window modulator(the unit with the control buttons). It is 150 dollars from Mazda. Don't buy one used like I did because it too is starting to mess up.
Jason
jon8rfc

Post by jon8rfc »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jrs1874:<BR><STRONG>You may need a window modulator(the unit with the control buttons). It is 150 dollars from Mazda. Don't buy one used like I did because it too is starting to mess up.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I agree on buying a new one, the piece looks somewhat like this from the side<P> /<BR>|||||<BR> |<P>that bottom piece will break off from the button only on the side towards the front of the button so when you lift up and it's supposed to push a piece forwards it just bends but it stays stiff when it needs to push back (roll down window). Mine eventually broke off completely, you can still make it function by sticking a screw driver down there and moving the levers yourself, this gets annoying AND embarassing though, but it was better than nothing until I decided to lay down the $145 for the switch. I also spent about 45 minutes attempting to super glue the piece back on. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. These button things are designed to not have any space whatsoever inbetween any parts that move. The super glue was the kind that looks as thin as water when you drip it, but that was too thick and I finally managed to pop the buttons back in (both window buttons broke eventually so that's when I did this), but the windows only worked for 2or3 days. In conclusion I agree that it's the power window switch and also agree not to get one used because it'll be just as used and worn as yours before it started having problems.<BR>EDIT:that picture I made didn't come out right for some reason, ignore it<p>[ February 17, 2002: Message edited by: jon8rfc ]
garethmx3

Post by garethmx3 »

OK heres the story now! so I went to my friend to see if he could get the window back up,but he broke the actual motor itself so now I need a switch and a motor. Bum deal
garethmx3

Post by garethmx3 »

hey guys! went to mazda today to price a new window motor and switch $450.00 what a rip off, do they think were made of money!!
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

hey guys and gals, this is my first post eventhough i have been reading for about 1.5 yrs. i also had this problem with the windows and found that a little graphite in the window slide will cure the problem temporarily, but then i tried silicone in a spray can from 3-m. i haven't used it in almost a year and the windows are still fine!!! this message board thing is coool
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”