KL-ZE, KL03

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
cmx3d

KL-ZE, KL03

Post by cmx3d »

I had a question about the KLZE and the KL03. Will both of these engines bolt right in to the mx-3? what mods do i have to do so that it fits right in? i've heared put the battery in the trunk, is there anything else? this question refers to both engines. thanks.
ProtegeSTS

Re: KL-ZE, KL03

Post by ProtegeSTS »

if you look at the upper right portion of your screen, the answer will magically appear before you...<P>It will say "search" ;)
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
cmx3d

Post by cmx3d »

I didn't have time to look through past posts at the moment, thats why i posted my question so that someone could answer my question directly not so someone could reply with smart a** remarks ;)
spitfire

Post by spitfire »

I am getting a KL-ZE and I was wondering what can I upgrade on it
I am looking into a way to put turbo under the hood and will let you all know how where as soon as I find out
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cmx3d:<BR><STRONG>I didn't have time to look through past posts at the moment, thats why i posted my question so that someone could answer my question directly not so someone could reply with smart a** remarks ;)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>So you're saying you're too lazy to find the info you seek for yourself, and you just want somebody to spoon feed it to you? :roll: <P>Search this forum for "Vaughn", "Tekguy", "2.5", "KLZE" and you should find links to people's pages with good swap info.<BR> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
cmx3d

Post by cmx3d »

What I was saying david coleman, is that yesterday i didn't have time, at the moment to search for it that's why i posted the question. i needed an answer about it yesterday, so that i could tell my friend if it would bolt right in so he could tell me if his step dad would do the swap for me. the sooner i tell him if it will bolt right in the better. see where i'm heading? If you would have read what I posted before, you would have seen this. ;)
Sonic

Post by Sonic »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by spitfire gs:<BR><STRONG>I am getting a KL-ZE and I was wondering what can I upgrade on it</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It's an engine, you can upgrade EVERYTHING on it...<P>It's really sad that people get into something such as tuning cars and don't know anything about it and just want to be part of the trend.<BR> :roll:
~SonicRacing~
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sonic:<BR><STRONG><P>It's an engine, you can upgrade EVERYTHING on it...<P>It's really sad that people get into something such as tuning cars and don't know anything about it and just want to be part of the trend.<BR> :roll:</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>It took me 32 seconds to find all the topics on the above mentioned material. Oh yeah, that was on 28.8 Dialup. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

i personally didnt find all of those sites very helpful, they are EXTREMELY GENERAL, the swap is not as easy as everyone makes it out to be. the only difficult part i guess is putting all the wires back together, well not the act itself, but FINDING all of them. hheh heh mines still not 100% complete (due to lack of time) but tomarrow it should be ready 2 go
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
A.S.

Post by A.S. »

WO, WO, Calm down everyone. We are all here to help each other out with questions. It is difficult to find info on MX-3s unlike Civics etc. Some of us know more than other about certain topics and we should all help each other and if you know of a link or something it wont take too much time to cut and paste. It will take less energy to make a quick replay with a link than to argue over nothing. Help each other out MX-3rs, we are only a small bunch and we should help each other as much as possible. Thank you everyone :)
hi
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

seconded
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sonic:<BR><STRONG><P>It's an engine, you can upgrade EVERYTHING on it...<P>It's really sad that people get into something such as tuning cars and don't know anything about it and just want to be part of the trend.<BR> :roll:</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hey, don't be an a-- hole. All the "tuners" on here say you can't turbocharge the ZE becuz of the compression. He may not know much about it, and I'm sure yur mom shot you out with full knowledge of car tuning, but if they wants to learn, then they have the right to learn. Why do peeps like you think it's kewl to be a fucker and degrade others? Maybe they've liked it, and never had a car to tune. That's what I did. I didn't start learning this s--- till I got my MX-3. Does that mean I started to be "part of the trend" as you put it? Or maybe some of us just waited a little longer to start learning. How can you REALLY learn about engines if you don't have one to work on? From books? Some people need HANDS-ON experience to learn. What we don't need is arrogent pricks trying to make us feel stupid, or just make themselves seem smarter by putting us down. I tell you what, if I were Jeff, I would kick every person off this board that thinks they are better than another becuz they know more about cars than someone else does. Try and keep this board civil. Ya know, it's really sad that people have to be jerks to burn their candle brighter. Too bad these pathetic people aren't smart enuff to help out the newbies in a friendly way. Tell you what, a hell of alot more people will think you're kewler if you're nice, and not an a--. If they think you're kewler cuz yur an a--, thet're not worth the time. Try not to be an a--hole.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
white fish

Post by white fish »

Ok both engines will "bolt up" you dont have to relocate the battery however with the ZE as you may know there is clearence issuse with the brake fluid resvior except on one ZE from a (I'll find out later) or if you use the K8 or KL03 manifold it will fit in No Problem ;)<BR>As for difficulty it not much harder then swaping a 1.8 to a 1.8 if you can do that you can do a 2.5 Good Luck
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VizualXTC:<BR><STRONG><P>Hey, don't be an a-- hole. All the "tuners" on here say you can't turbocharge the ZE becuz of the compression. He may not know much about it, and I'm sure yur mom shot you out with full knowledge of car tuning, but if they wants to learn, then they have the right to learn. Why do peeps like you think it's kewl to be a fucker and degrade others? Maybe they've liked it, and never had a car to tune. That's what I did. I didn't start learning this s--- till I got my MX-3. Does that mean I started to be "part of the trend" as you put it? Or maybe some of us just waited a little longer to start learning. How can you REALLY learn about engines if you don't have one to work on? From books? Some people need HANDS-ON experience to learn. What we don't need is arrogent pricks trying to make us feel stupid, or just make themselves seem smarter by putting us down. I tell you what, if I were Jeff, I would kick every person off this board that thinks they are better than another becuz they know more about cars than someone else does. Try and keep this board civil. Ya know, it's really sad that people have to be jerks to burn their candle brighter. Too bad these pathetic people aren't smart enuff to help out the newbies in a friendly way. Tell you what, a hell of alot more people will think you're kewler if you're nice, and not an a--. If they think you're kewler cuz yur an a--, thet're not worth the time. Try not to be an a--hole.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>What some people are saying is that we have heard the same questions 6000 times before, and we included the search function just for such questions. We just want to let people know that the search function will save them time, and usually, for the most part, it will answer every question. Why? because someone else has already asked about it.<P>If everyday, a new person walked up to you and asked you the same question, and then, you documented exactly what transpiried in a book, and put the book infront of you....wouldnt you get a little ticked when people passed up the book, and kept asking you?
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG><P>What some people are saying is that we have heard the same questions 6000 times before, and we included the search function just for such questions. We just want to let people know that the search function will save them time, and usually, for the most part, it will answer every question. Why? because someone else has already asked about it.<P>If everyday, a new person walked up to you and asked you the same question, and then, you documented exactly what transpiried in a book, and put the book infront of you....wouldnt you get a little ticked when people passed up the book, and kept asking you?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Actually, this time I wasn't refering to you. and to answer you...Yes, I would get irritated, but I would realize that they are asking to LEARN, not to annoy me. I would POLITELY tell them to look at the book. In my origional post I was addressing Sonic's a-- hole comment. Although you and Dave could have been a little more polite. You guys have a virtual fountain of knowledge and instead of be kewl and help us out you degrade us. People on here look up to you guys. Why not show them there's a reason to do so?
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”