NEED some hp for cheap.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
A.S.

NEED some hp for cheap.

Post by A.S. »

I'm a little short on cash, but I also need some extra horse power. Whats the cheapest way of getting some horse power.
hi
BigProbe

Re: NEED some hp for cheap.

Post by BigProbe »

Turbo. $ for $, there is not long-term better way to increase hp.<P>N2O. $ for $ provides great short-term gains.<P>But what do you consider cheap? If you don't have at least the money for N2O, then you wont see ANY appreciable hp gains. If you want a few hp, try making a cold air intake. Don't expect to start winning any races, but it could give you 3-5hp.
Darin<BR>93 Probe GT<BR>242hp/256tq (wheel)<BR>Custom Intake<BR>93 Miata LE (#935 of 1500)<BR>102hp/92tq (PHEAR!)<BR>GReddy Catback<P>[This message has be edited by David Coleman (edited February 17, 2001).]
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

[QUOTE]Originally posted by A.S.:<P>I agree, I would go with the intake. Then maybe an exhaust. You would definatly need to tell us how much you are willing to fork out for this. I would definayly save your pennies for a N2O kit. I've heard good things about NOS and ZEX.<p>[ November 27, 2001: Message edited by: VizualXTC ]
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
A.S.

Post by A.S. »

I've got about $500 for now untill I get off school and work for christmas. How much does the kit cost??
hi
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by A.S.:<BR><STRONG>I've got about $500 for now untill I get off school and work for christmas. How much does the kit cost??</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>i think u should save your money then get a kl-o3 then turbo that
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
mx3weasel

Post by mx3weasel »

Nos systems are just over $500 if i remember corectly, u can basically afford that, except the dam exchange rate.
<B>¤Wé§릤<P>95 Red GS V6 5-spd<BR>Stock for now.</B>
KingFisher

Post by KingFisher »

Don't waste your money on funny gas, save for the KL-ZE so you can run with the big boys, for more affordable get a cold air intake, sparkplugs, cat back, good exhaust, short shifter (for speed not power haha) <P>I would also like to know anything else that anyone else has to say....
ANDREW*<BR>1996 Mazda MX-3 GS
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KingFisher:<BR><STRONG>Don't waste your money on funny gas, save for the KL-ZE so you can run with the big boys, for more affordable get a cold air intake, sparkplugs, cat back, good exhaust, short shifter (for speed not power haha) <P>I would also like to know anything else that anyone else has to say....</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I would recomend the N2O. I believe a ZEX kit is under $500 USD but you have to add for installation. If you plan on doing the swap to the 03 or the ZE, and plan on selling your stock engine I would save for the new engine. If your plannin on scrappin the stock engine, go with N2O, then swap it when you swap your engine.<p>[ November 27, 2001: Message edited by: VizualXTC ]
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
apex'iMx3

Post by apex'iMx3 »

if yoru really short on cash....just get an aftermarket air filter.....take off the box, it will pretty much gain the same hp as a intake....

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”