Problem with1.8 V6,,, someone help!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
dj_nate

Problem with1.8 V6,,, someone help!

Post by dj_nate »

I have a really nasty knock/ping type noise comin from my engine. i was told it was 1 of 3 things, a connecting rod, a push rod, or lifters. if anyone could help, or give me some input on what i shoulde do, thanks alot, if i cant fix it, its for sale for 2000 but please help anyone. thanks ya'll...<P>nate <BR>92 GS<P>alright you all said u need more info...well it did have a noise before all this, it sounded like my exhaust was bad upfront kinda, it was a wierd noise..the noise is comin from the top and center so hopefully thats enough info thanks to all who helped.<BR>and whoever asked me where i was from in pa, i'm from Oil City<P>nstevenson@usachoice.net<P>[ November 26, 2001: Message edited by: dj_nate ]<p>[ November 26, 2001: Message edited by: dj_nate ]
codyhoover

Re: Problem with1.8 V6,,, someone help!

Post by codyhoover »

need a little more to go off of. were is it comeing from? bottom, top, back corner, exc....... has it always mad ethe noise or did something happen at the time the noise started? k8 doesnt have lifters or push rods so it cant be that(who told you that?!?!) tell me more!
-Cody
Green '92 GS
140db on 1 12"
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

theres this spring that goes in the area of your timing belt. its only like $5. iv heard that wears down and u just replace it. there is no loss of power...just that annoying tapping.<BR>Dan
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Spring?? :eek: You gotta be kiddin me, be more specific.<P>Let us know where the sound is coming from, got to be more clear buddy. Where in PA are ya?
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
jfbourgault

Post by jfbourgault »

cam friction gear maybe! <BR>It makes a tapping sound also!
92 mx-3 GS .greeeeeeeen!<BR>Honda !!!, what do you mean Honda??<BR>Oh sorry, you meant that piece of crap parked next to my car! oh sorry again, I meant to say lawnmower....
eunosads

Post by eunosads »

HLA's [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
- EUNOS 30X -
A.S.

Post by A.S. »

Hey man, I have the same thing. I think this may be your problem. Check it out. <A HREF="http://www.mx-3.com/tsb/b007-95.gif" TARGET=_blank>http://www.mx-3.com/tsb/b007-95.gif</A>
hi
A.S.

Post by A.S. »

I just called Mazda and they told me its most likely the "Friction Gear Spring"which needs replacing. They sell them for $15 (can) and stock them at the dealership only. You probably wont be able to find the spring at Lordco or any other parts store. If thats your problem, this should do it.<BR>Good luck bro.
hi

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”