Immediate HELP!!!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
FoxyDragon

Immediate HELP!!!!

Post by FoxyDragon »

ok...I was driving along and all of a sudden my muffler started making that loud noise that you hear when (no offense) guys want you to look and see what they have. So...I went to the shop and they looked it over. He told me it sounded like my resenator (sp) is gone/slipped and that it may be all craroted and I may need a new muffler. The warrenty I have on this car does not cover this and I need help!!!!! someone?? please??? How can I fix it for cheap? what else might it be? I got laid off today and start a new job Monday, and am broke. please help!!!!<BR>I will repay in some way (if possible)<P>and ya.. I know I cant spell... :(
Last Time Politics Entered Religion People Got Burned At The Stake
Daemione

Re: Immediate HELP!!!!

Post by Daemione »

Sounds like a reasonable explanation for the noise.<P>A cheap, quick fix that might work is an exhaust repair kit that you can get at autozone or something.<P>Start her up, & feel underneath & around the exhaust (before it gets too hot) to see where the leak is. Usually a small hole or crack somewhere in the piping or muffler. You'll feel the exhaust coming through it - it'll be the source of the noise.<P>Then just follow the directions on the kit. Should work until you can afford to get it fixed for real.<P>Or you could just pretend you've got a beast under the hood & let guys check you out for a while. :) Unless you've got an inspection coming up, it's not dangerous, just annoying.<P>Good luck . . . .

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”