Car wont start !!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MX#3

Car wont start !!

Post by MX#3 »

Starter wont rotate, buttery is fine.<BR>Please help.
Bri94GS

Re: Car wont start !!

Post by Bri94GS »

Here's a few things i would try if it was my car:<P>1. Buy a new starter<P>2. Try popping the clutch if you have a 5-speeed. <P>3. Check your alternator, spark plugs, and ignition wires.<P>4. Reset your ECU (unplug your battery for like 10 mins). This has solved many of my problems.<P>Can u hear the car trying to start? Or does nothing happen??? Explain the situation a little better and i'll try to help as much as i could
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
MX#3

Post by MX#3 »

I have 5sp, but I don't think it is starter because when I turn key there is nothing heppening. Starter does not even work. It is something in connection or I am afraid it might be one of the sensors. What do you think. Where is in manual it can be?
MX#3

Post by MX#3 »

I forgot to add that it is not first time. I hade this car only for month and half and it happend twice. Then it starts fine. Realy strange.
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

It's probably the starter...<P>did you try popping the clutch?? (Turn the key...keep the clutch down with the car in 2nd gear...push the car or roll it down a hill...when u start moving, pick up the clutch and the car should start). Once it starts, let it run for a while...then try to start it normally.
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
Esper

Post by Esper »

i don't think its the starter! run a search on distributors...i had mine replaced for the same problem and that fixed it. TONS of people here have had the same problem. do a search, and see what you think before you buy any parts. :(
Dude.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”