very worried

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mr.hunt

very worried

Post by mr.hunt »

I own a mx3 gs v6 with about 125,000 km on it, I am having a problem with oil consubtion I now that a dealer can inspect it which is fine but I was wondering if anyone had an idea of what I could do before it goes in there. ( like something that I could look for on my own). I know this is a silly Question but just starting to learn about my car on my own instead of the dealers knowing more about it than me.<BR>Pls help

Re: very worried

Post by Guest »

check underneath for leaks. if not do u notice blue smoke out of the exhause when u acceleraye. if so u r burning oil.<BR>hope this helps<BR>ps. my guess would be a leak as u have relatively low kms to be burning oil
mr.hunt

Post by mr.hunt »

Sorry should have writen more but anyways yes, I do have blue smoke comming out of my exhaust on occashion not all the time as well there is a noticeable amount of black sutte build up on the end of my pipes. thanx for the reply
Quazi5

Post by Quazi5 »

Hey.... If you're burning oil on acceleration you have a leak internally.<BR>This is usually caused by bad o-rings on your cylinders. I suggest you take it to a shop to fix this unless you are experienced in this type of work. Hope I could help. :p
Blake Gibson<BR>'93 Black MX-3 GS<BR>Anyday is a good day if I'm in my MX-3.
codyhoover

Post by codyhoover »

mine goes about a quart low every month. i dont have blue smoke and no leaks. i've been told my compression is too high(215psi avg instead of 195psi) but i dont see how that would use oil. i'm all confused. any ideas.
-Cody
Green '92 GS
140db on 1 12"

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”