Pulley problem

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
92RedGS

Pulley problem

Post by 92RedGS »

hi guys, my car started making a funny sound the other day. it's on the right side of the engine and sounds to me like a pulley is loose and it's shaking back and forth. i'm not totaly sure what this sound is so i'd thought i'd ask you guy's an see if you had any suggestions for me. Any help at all would be very helpful.
92RedGS :)<BR>I'm Sorry, Officer, I didn't realize my radar detector wasn't plugged in. Say aren't you the guy from the Village People?
Bri94GS

Re: Pulley problem

Post by Bri94GS »

Maybe one of your belts is loose or breaking? If it's on the passenger side, check your alternator belt...i'd recommend changing it before it breaks off
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

Oh yea, and if it turns out that you have to buy new pulleys, buy the Unorthodox ones from Corksport
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
92RedGS

Post by 92RedGS »

I'm pretty sure i found the problem but, the top pulley on the back side of the engine,i don't know what the heck this is or how to go about fixing it but need to do something fast because its starting to leak oil so again any thoughts that you may have would be helpful.<P>Blue Square= where sound is coming from <BR>Red Circle= where oil is leaking from<P> Image
92RedGS :)<BR>I'm Sorry, Officer, I didn't realize my radar detector wasn't plugged in. Say aren't you the guy from the Village People?
Frenchguy0

Post by Frenchguy0 »

Have you thought of checking your timing belt and hydraulic tensioners. I've had mine changed, my car was shaking, didn't have engine power (stuck at 35mph) and loud noise coming from the engine bay passenger side.
Frenchguy0<BR>'92 GS Emerald Green<BR>crenia@hotmail.com

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”