Problems starting my 92 GS

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
kaos25000

Problems starting my 92 GS

Post by kaos25000 »

I've been experiencing problems starting my 92 GS since I bought it. Sometimes works great, starting at 1800-2000 revs. Sometimes not, shaking a little and shyly starting at 200-300 revs.<P>Mazda had a look at it, changed some spark plugs and cover gaskets that were spilling oil on my spark plugs but it did not seem to help.<P>The problem mainly occurs when the engine is hot and sometimes when cold.<P>I had in mind to replace the stock spark plugs and/or wires set. <P>Anyone has any ideas ? Is experiencing or experienced the same problem ?<P>Thanks !
arognt1

Re: Problems starting my 92 GS

Post by arognt1 »

I have the same prob. only at low rpm's and some time when im driveing slow when i shift and push the gas it just doesnt go at all untill i let off the gas and pump it agian.<BR>but speeding up fast and high rpm it just fine. any ideas??
92 black GS
Mx-3Man

Post by Mx-3Man »

that could be alot of things I just did a engine swap and I had the same prob but I rechecked the spark plug gap and checked the vacuum lines after that it was all good so check to see if any vacuum lines fell off and the spark plug gap
Frenchguy0

Post by Frenchguy0 »

for all i know there can be many reasons....<BR>It could be your distributor getting old, check your plugs and wires and of course your battery. If you have performance problems, have your injection system cleaned up, it might help.<BR>Just my 2 cents.<P>------------------<BR>Frenchguy0<BR>'92 GS Emerald Green<BR>crenia@hotmail.com
Frenchguy0<BR>'92 GS Emerald Green<BR>crenia@hotmail.com

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”