I need help with battery problems! Please HELP!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
sugawolf03

I need help with battery problems! Please HELP!

Post by sugawolf03 »

Hello everyone i have a mechanical problem with my Mazda Mx-3, I try to start it but all i heard is a clicking noise, and all my lights and radio were not working so I said "IT MUST BE THE BATTERY!" I was so relieved, but I tryed to start the car and all I hear is a clicking noise, I am not sure if i installed the battery right either, I know this sounds really dumb but I am just not good with cars. I was hoping someone could tell me how to install a battery for a mazda mx-3 and, tell me if it is the starter or the battery, because when I try to start it I don't even hear the "putt-putt" Maybe it is because the battery is not properly installed. <P>Thank you for your time, and sorry for the grammer and spelling I am in a rush, thanks again.
sugawolf03

Re: I need help with battery problems! Please HELP!

Post by sugawolf03 »

There are 2 cords I don't know where they go, one looks like a horse shoe the other just a wire.. where do they go????
92RedGS

Post by 92RedGS »

i had the same problem when i was trying ti hook up my amp for my sub. i replaced the battery terminal connectors and cleaned the battery trminals with a 50/50 mixture of water and baking soda and it fixed the problem. hope this helps.
92RedGS :)<BR>I'm Sorry, Officer, I didn't realize my radar detector wasn't plugged in. Say aren't you the guy from the Village People?
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

I've just recently started working on Imports, but on a chevy if you hear the cliking it usualy means a good starter dead battery. Turn everything off(amp radio ect.) Jump start it. If it runs then you may have just only bought a dead battery(possibly bad if you give it a bit to charge turn it off and it won't start just after) But if you hook it up backwards it won't do anything. But in case the red w/ boot onit line goes to the + and the black goes to the -. It may be a bad connection, try cleaning the connectors.<P>------------------<BR>Thanks,<BR>Teri<BR>'93 MX-3 SE

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”