Help needed

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
SE-Man

Help needed

Post by SE-Man »

I was driving one day and my engine started running funny, so i decided to get off the hwy and check it out. when i got off it stalled as soon as the RPMs droped. Now the car will only start if the gas peddle is flored and it dies as soon as the RPMs drop. Has anyone had this problem or know what is causing it? 93SE 1.8L<P>------------------<BR>Thanks,<BR>Teri<BR>'93 MX-3 SE
~robin

Re: Help needed

Post by ~robin »

I know sod all, but...<BR>I had a similar problem, which appeared without warning, unever running... turned out to be the HT leads, and recent I had the air intake hose split, unever idleing, and a couple of stalls.<BR>It seems both are common problems...<P>HTH
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Hey SE man.<P>You might wanna try to hook up with ProbesNW there in Washington. I know a few of the guys work at Fort Lewis. A certain guy out there has a 93 Turbo'd PGT with 235wheel HP!<BR> <A HREF="http://www.ProbesNW.net" TARGET=_blank>www.ProbesNW.net</A> <P>Tell 'em Dave Coleman sent ya Image<P>------------------<BR>David Coleman- <B><I>Moderator</B></I><BR><A HREF="http://www.PinkMX-3.com" TARGET=_blank>1993 Mazda MX-3 GS Special Edition</A><BR><B><I>Why get clear tail lights when only Geo Metros are gonna see them?</I></B>
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Deano96GS

Post by Deano96GS »

What are HT leads?
Deano, 1996 Black GS<BR>http://members.shaw.ca/mx-three
Nottahonda

Post by Nottahonda »

Teri, have you had the pleasure of replacing your distributor yet? Sounds kind of similar to what was happening to me a few months ago. Hey, let me know when you're going to some meets around here in WA and we'll cruise together!<P>Casey
Casey Guthrie
[email]goesfast@theraces.com" target="_blank[/email]
JJ

Post by JJ »

Yo Se-Man,<BR> that exact s--- is happening to me right now! i dont kno wut to do. it stalls sometimes when its just sitting. So if someone told you wut it is can u tell me???<BR>that would be str8!
pelado

Post by pelado »

Deano96GS<P>HT stands for "High Tension", another name for the lead from the coil to the center connection to your distributor. This has been erroneously applied to ALL ignition wires but should only refer to wire from coil to distributor.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”