Virbrant Strut bar & Headers

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Darbee

Virbrant Strut bar & Headers

Post by Darbee »

I'm wondering if the Vibrant Strut tower bar would fit a MX-3, cause they do have an application for MX-3, but I just want to make sure it fits. Cause I didn't see anyone using it. Is it good or bad quality or does it make a big difference with the cheap ones with the Cusco ones?<P>Headers>> is the Bullfrog headers good? any mod needed after i purchased it?? I'm planning to put the Bullfrog headers in my mx-3 V6, Whatz the difference I can feel about the car after this mod? smoothier sound? more horsepower/torque?<P>Please let me know what u know, thankz in advance !! thankz
1994 Blaze Red GS<BR>Intrax springs<BR>DTM muffler<BR>B&M Shifter<BR>AEM air filter<BR>AZ-3 Conversion
Bri94GS

Re: Virbrant Strut bar & Headers

Post by Bri94GS »

Yea the vibrant bars do fit...<P>If you put headers in your car, you should also get a header-back exhaust system. There's a lot of other cheaper mods you can do first (intake, plugs, wires, etc.)<P>------------------<BR>~'94 GS
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
Darbee

Post by Darbee »

Yes, I do have intake, exhaust, plugs, wires... Next thing I'm thinking of the headers. I knew that bullfrog and some other brand names do have headers for mx-3, but do they fit ?? any modification needed after purchase? I am really looking forward to that. <P>
1994 Blaze Red GS<BR>Intrax springs<BR>DTM muffler<BR>B&M Shifter<BR>AEM air filter<BR>AZ-3 Conversion
Ramdao

Post by Ramdao »

I did install a set of pacesetter header on my MX-3, "by the way" it is not listed as MX-3, just for MX-6, anyway I purchased and installed them with some mod done to make the cat converter to fit back on place, gess what!I don´t feel that much difference as the stock exhaust, but what make the difference is to let the intake to breathe cooler & free.
shiftingspeeds

Post by shiftingspeeds »

I own a MX-3 1.8 and want to upgrade to headers, can the 2.5 headers like on ebay fit the 1.8 and if not where would I look for 1.8 headers

Thanks
shiftingspeeds
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

shiftingspeeds wrote:I own a MX-3 1.8 and want to upgrade to headers, can the 2.5 headers like on ebay fit the 1.8 and if not where would I look for 1.8 headers

Thanks
shiftingspeeds
this thread is 4 years old !!!!!!!!!

yes you want the 2.5 probe headers
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Lol, hey! At least he used the search function!
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

lol after installing headers ew its to loud oh well. power diffrence is nice i guess... u cant tell when the vris opens some of the time i dunno why..checked and it is working.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”