Turn Signals

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
millionflame

Turn Signals

Post by millionflame »

My turn signals wont work anymore. I can hear the clicking sound, but the lights wont light up on the outside and inside. I checked fuses, and none are blown. My hazard switch doesn't trigger them either anymore.<p>My alarm will flash the lights, but not the combination switch lever.<p>I searched and found it might be the turn signal relay. I'll try and find that today, but in the mean time any other suggestions?<p>This all happened coincidentally when I installed some other electronic device on my car. I never toched any of the wiring for the car (it had it's own separate wiring and fuses) but it seems odd that my turn signals dont work now.<p>Could I have accidentally 'yanked' on a wire and made the relay come loose or something else?<p>~A<p>[ January 29, 2003: Message edited by: Aiden ]</p>
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
saiyajin

Re: Turn Signals

Post by saiyajin »

did u try checking the bulb?
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

They flash when my alarm goes off.<p>~A
DVH

Post by DVH »

When u turn ur lights on, do they light up?<p>Because, u may have just burnt out that part of the bulb. They blink when u hit ur alarm, cuz ur alarm is NOT hooked up to ur blinkers, its hooked up to ur normal lights. Simple solution, cost maybe $4.oo, just try and buy a new bulb.<p>later and good luck! :shrug:
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Has to be a wire or a connection, if a bulb was out, usually the light in the cluster comes on, but doesnt blink. I wouldnt think 1 filiment causes no lights to work, sounds electrical,...
Only one way to find out. What were u installing, and what to?
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Custommx3:
Has to be a wire or a connection, if a bulb was out, usually the light in the cluster comes on, but doesnt blink. I wouldnt think 1 filiment causes no lights to work, sounds electrical,...
Only one way to find out. What were u installing, and what to?
<hr></blockquote><p>It was device that emits a laser signal to disrupt police laser guns.<p>It wasn't wired into any existing wire, it ran separate wire for it, but I did go near the fuse box inside and I might have pulled on the wire and pulled another wire out of the fuse box. I looked back there today, and I couldn't see anything obvious, so I think I'll unscrew the whole box and look at it.<p>It's gotta be something stupidy simple! :shrug: <p>~A
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

This happened to me a while back, I thought it was a fuse, but I went through 4 fuses in two days. Then I found out it was one bulb that wasn't lighting. So I replaced it and the blinker fuse, problem solved.
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

check to see if any other lights (reverse lights, parking lights, taillamp lights etc.) aren't working. it might be something incorrectly grounded such as that electrical device you installed. same thing happened to me.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

I grounded my device right to the battery this time.<p>I'll check bulbs. It would be funny if it was just a bulb! :D <p>Anyways, I'll let you know tomorrow about it.<p>Thanks.
~A
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Aiden, <p> Did you figure this out? My MX-3 is doing the EXACT SAME THING.<p>I am curious to see whats up...
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Aiden:
I'll check bulbs. It would be funny if it was just a bulb! :D <hr></blockquote><p>if everything's properly connected, it might be one of your filaments in your bulb burned out (our mx3s have 2 filaments) so be sure to keep that in mind when replacing them. besides connections, bulbs is the only other situation i can think of.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by marshmallow15:
<p>if everything's properly connected, it might be one of your filaments in your bulb burned out (our mx3s have 2 filaments) so be sure to keep that in mind when replacing them. besides connections, bulbs is the only other situation i can think of.<hr></blockquote><p>Well, as far as I can see, the bulbs work. I mean, they light up, but I cant be sure about the other filaments.<p>The wiring seems perfect so I dont think it's that.<p>What I'm going to do is take each bulb out and connect it to the battery. That will tell me if a filament is burn out or not.<p>It just doesn't seem like a bulb though. The clicking sound is there, but neither the lights on the outside or inside flash.<p>Who knows. Whatever it is, it bites! :shrug: <p>~A
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

Ok, well the last thing I can do here now I guess is replace the turn signal relay.<p>I can't find it. I looked for a good hour inside the car, under the dash, under the hood. I coulnd't find it.<p>I searched the shop manual, but it wont tell me where to locate it either.<p>Can anyone tell me EXACTLY where it is, and what shape/size of relay box to look for as well???<p>Thank you.
~A

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”