Has anyone used this before

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
your2slow

Has anyone used this before

Post by your2slow »

Here is the link. It claims to give up to 15 horsepower..charger
KL-ZE, Custom Intake, Apex Lowering Springs, and more to come this year.

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: Has anyone used this before

Post by cjthor »

This has been brought up a billion times here. Nobody has has much luck with it. 300 bucks fer five hp...maybe. I wouldnt waste your money..
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

lol Even if it *does* work, I wouldn't get one. I used to see this thing advertised on TV called a Cyclone, or The Tornado, or something like that, and it was very similar to this.. didn't work worth crap.
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
your2slow

Post by your2slow »

i c. My fiend put one on his honda and it did increase the HP by 15. So i was just wounding if anyone here as done it to an mx-3. Thanks for the feedback though.

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by your2slow:
i c. My fiend put one on his honda and it did increase the HP by 15. So i was just wounding if anyone here as done it to an mx-3. Thanks for the feedback though.<hr></blockquote><p>You've gotta be joking me...... :shrug:
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
your2slow

Post by your2slow »

no he took it in for a before and after test and it increased 15 horses. That's why I was asking if anyone used it.

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site
greatunicon

Post by greatunicon »

take of ur intake. u even can increase up to 30% HP.. and it cost nothing!!!!!!!!!<p>anyway i don't believe this kind of toy. then why people need to install a true Turbo or Supercharge.
a
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

what does it cost the motor to run it?(power consumtion wise)
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by greatunicon:
take of ur intake. u even can increase up to 30% HP.. and it cost nothing!!!!!!!!!<p>anyway i don't believe this kind of toy. then why people need to install a true Turbo or Supercharge.<hr></blockquote><p>LMAO, 30% increase? I HIGHLY doubt that you can get a 33HP gain from taking off your air box. <p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Flashpoint2:
lol Even if it *does* work, I wouldn't get one. I used to see this thing advertised on TV called a Cyclone, or The Tornado, or something like that, and it was very similar to this.. didn't work worth crap. <hr></blockquote><p>Actually this has a powered blower, the Tornado just spins the intake charge causing the fuel and the air to mix better. It's funnny how so many people denounce this product without ever trying it for themselves. If his friend gained 15HP from this, that ainy bad, becuz you gotta remember. The dyno don't measure base HP, it measures WHEEL hp. A 15WHP gain is like 20-25BHP gain. Not bad!<p>I did check out the demo video of this product. If it blows enuff air to actually make this product airborn, I think it just may work.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
greatunicon

Post by greatunicon »

Just A bad point of this toy.<p>becuase the parts of Fan is made by plastic, and it wouldn't resist engine room's heat well.. someday the parts broken and flow into the engine.<p>u can imagine what the cost of the engine.
a
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

O.k if some1 was to install this they could put a screen mesh behind it so if pieces do fly off the screen will catch it.But if there small enuf will go through,just a thought...
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Im not saying it will work and im not saying it wont, but I can bet that all of you that are dissin' it have never tried it before. You are going off of information that you have read before...and THOSE people got it from info that THEY read before...dont say it unless u can prove it...
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by anjin1982:
O.k if some1 was to install this they could put a screen mesh behind it so if pieces do fly off the screen will catch it.But if there small enuf will go through,just a thought...<hr></blockquote><p>why in the blue hell would you put a mesh screen in your intake to block particles of a crappy product from going into your engine? If its gonna break why put it in to begin with? To me thats like changing the oil filter and not the oil. :shrug:
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

I thought you could get dyno's done for measuring your hp at the flywheel too, not just at the wheels. :shrug:
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
your2slow

Post by your2slow »

LOL, I started the topic thinking to get 1 or 2 hits to see if anyone has tried this issue, not to start anything between peeps. I was just wondering about it, not saying i'm going to install it or anything, cause i have heard of all these similar products and know they are junk. This product though, was tested by a friend of mine on his honda, which did increase the HP by 15. Now i don't know if that was messured in wheel Horses or not, but I'll try to find out.

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”