Car troubles WONT START!

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Kamikid

Car troubles WONT START!

Post by Kamikid »

I took it to my friends and when I went to start it, it wouldn't turn over. It tries to start but doesn't keep going. I tried giving it gas and it wont rev the engine. We think it may be not getting any gas. I remember the guy who sold it to me saying that the gauge was messed up and it's actually empty at around the half way mark. So we went to the gas station and filled up as small gas can full. Put that in and it's still not starting.

Earlier we took off the front and back wheels to have a closer look at the brakes and looked at the air filter. The coolant level for the engine/rad is really low aswell. I can't think of any reason why its not starting. Maybe it needs more gas? I drove it fine there. But I did have a little trouble getting it started when I left...

The car is a standard 1992 Mazda MX-3 Precidia with 300KMs on the engine.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Car troubles WONT START!

Post by Custommx3 »

does it get any spark?
jdogsd1

Post by jdogsd1 »

maby your batery is dead ever think of that
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

Originally posted by Kamikid:
...It tries to start but doesn't keep going. I tried giving it gas and it wont rev the engine. We think it may be not getting any gas...
Take off the large rubber ribbed air intake hose and flex it while closely inspecting 360 degrees for any cracks, especially between the ribs. This is a common condition that can cause all the symptoms you describe since it allows extra unmetered air to enter the intake yet gives the appearance that you aren't getting enough gas. If you find any cracks in the hose, a temporary seal can be made with duct tape until you can replace it.
Kamikid

Post by Kamikid »

I couldn't figure out what it was so it's sitting at the machanics waiting to get fixed. I hope this isn't cost me an arm and a leg. :confused:
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

I'll cheer you up..
POST IN THE CORRECT SECTION
JK, but seriously this is the car stereo/alarm section, a more suitable place would be either the v6 or 4 cylinder sections. Hope you enjoy your mx3!
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”