High milageV6 GS. is Slick 50 ok to use ?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
pjh

High milageV6 GS. is Slick 50 ok to use ?

Post by pjh »

My 1992 Gs has done 107,000 miles I notice better compression when cold . was thinking about trying 'Slick 50' ptfe oil additive anyone?<p>trying to get some more commprersion!
used it ok before on 4 cly etc..<p>thanks,
pjh
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: High milageV6 GS. is Slick 50 ok to use ?

Post by mitmaks »

lol i have to be like other guys on here...SEARCH!!!! lol. but dont put that stuff in ur engine, been said many times, its C.R.A.P. they're proven NOT to work even popular Zmax doesnt really work. and i tried something like slick 50 on my former eclipse man, it killed my oil pressure man, clogged it in various places and even multiple oil changes didnt help.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
mazdamxstyle

Post by mazdamxstyle »

thats sooooo not true, slick 50 rules and does help. I dont know how to explain my proof, but slick 50 is awesome. same with the fuel treatment. I use both every oil change
1993 Mazda mx-3 GS - Blaze Red (Totaled) Went through an 89 rx7 and a 93 del sol. Now searching again!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mxmisl
sheller

Post by sheller »

The stuff that I found to really work was MotorUp. When I've used it, I've noticed the car run easier. I had a van once that was burning oil and my wife a couple of time ran it out of oil. I think the only reason it continued to run was because of the MotorUp. Unfortunately I think the only place to get it anymore is GI Joes.
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

i thought you said you had high miles? 107k isn't bad at all dude!
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

I wouldn't trust any of that stuff. The onl7y additive that I'll put in my car is gasline antifreeze. 8) I won't even use those oil filters that have Teflon in them.. don't want that crap clogging up my engine.
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
treckrtj

Post by treckrtj »

Slick 50 has been a miricle for years. People put it in their cars, then something happens and they blame it on the slick 50. WTF?!?! Maybe during the time BEFORE you put the stuff in you already had something go wrong. I saw IN PERSON 2 years ago at a car show, they took 2 Ford Taurus engines on stands but set to run stable at 3,000 RPM's. Had no miles on either when they started. One had regular 10-W40, one had 10-W40 with one quart of Sluick 50. Let it run for a few minutes (20 minutes or so). Drained the oil. Regular engine seized in about 2-3 minutes. One with Slick 50 ran 1/2 hour. Not a setup. This stuff works.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Flashpoint2:
I wouldn't trust any of that stuff. The onl7y additive that I'll put in my car is gasline antifreeze. 8) I won't even use those oil filters that have Teflon in them.. don't want that crap clogging up my engine.<hr></blockquote>
thats so right man, happy theres still smart people on this board
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
treckrtj

Post by treckrtj »

well, you never know what you're missing out on.........
mrmike420
Supporting Member

Post by mrmike420 »

Auto-RX every 25k miles and lubecontrol every 1k miles
~FUeGo~
92 MX-3 GS, 5spd, Black Metallic, Tokico ZX2 Struts, Eibach Springs, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's, K&N A/F, Suzuka S/S Brake Lines, KGS Dual Tip Muffler, Dynamat Extreme Trunk Kit
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Hey.. psst.. Mike.. might wanna lay off the 420.. this thread is over 4 years old ;)

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
mrmike420
Supporting Member

Post by mrmike420 »

sorry i couldn't resist. LOL!
~FUeGo~
92 MX-3 GS, 5spd, Black Metallic, Tokico ZX2 Struts, Eibach Springs, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's, K&N A/F, Suzuka S/S Brake Lines, KGS Dual Tip Muffler, Dynamat Extreme Trunk Kit
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

pfft LOL my k8 had 200k miles before i even considered taking it out.

100k , its still a baby!
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mrmike420
Supporting Member

Post by mrmike420 »

yeah mine too! Well 190k
~FUeGo~
mazdamx3_89

Post by mazdamx3_89 »

i can take either side here because i havent noticed a change in my mazda mx 3 but when i put it it my ford contour it killed the smoke out the tailpipe and it ran a lot lot easier
Eric Harcourt
Mazda Mx 3 [ gangsta ]

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”