anyone ever take off their hatch??

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
cjthor
Forum Moderator

anyone ever take off their hatch??

Post by cjthor »

Hey guys,<P> I had a question.. Anyone ever take off the hatch on their mx? I took a pic of mine with the hatch up and then deleted the hatch and it looks pretty cool. Especially in these hot california weeks to come. Any ideas? <P> Jarid Perry<BR> 94 Blaze Red RS
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
scotmazda

Re: anyone ever take off their hatch??

Post by scotmazda »

hi<BR>i was thinking bout this sort of thing recently-i think it would look good kinda like a honda crx but how would it work??
finchuck

Post by finchuck »

could u post the pic of this? im interested to see what it looks like.
<A HREF="http://www.finchuck.com" TARGET=_blank>Finchuck Online</A>
jonnybpimpin

Post by jonnybpimpin »

it would look more like a honda del sol
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

jonny is right. i've looked at my mx-3 many times saying to myself that if i took of my hatch, it would look like a del sol from the side.<BR>let us know if you take it off.<P>------------------<BR>93 MX-3
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

I busted the back window on my MX, {{sob sob}} Mazda wanted $1000us to replace it, I found a new one at a junk yard for $250us. I had to drive 140 miles to pick it up. The wind drag was so bad i had to fill up again when i got their, and it has poor speed with out it. but the topper is you have to take you interer roof off to get to the bolts, and the plastic side panel to disconect the wireing, and then take the shocks off as well. <BR>The only advice i have for the need for no roof is check your local car custimisers to see if they can make a targa top for you. (I've seen one on an MX-3) or just be very careful not to brake that back window.<P>------------------<BR>Thanks,<BR>Teri<BR>'93 MX-3 SE
ApocalipticSol

Post by ApocalipticSol »

if you were to take it off you would have to make the trunk flat as in a sol with a broken window and the desing on the mx3 the wind will go down to the trunk space creating the drag....<P>on a sol the to is flater than in the mx3 so the wind is not force to travel down to the trunk area and since the trunk is also flat the air can only go back.....<P>the round top on the mx3 makes the air travel troght the hatch wich is good with your glass on....<P>also remember that if you make a targa mx3 your making drag when top off or windows down cause of the hatch...the sol lower its back window making that thind a roll bar and still we get a little of drag when the top is of......
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

Yea, but most targa makers will make a roof wind deflecter for that too.<P>------------------<BR>Thanks,<BR>Teri<BR>'93 MX-3 SE
ApocalipticSol

Post by ApocalipticSol »

heres a CRX without the hatch and a wide body kit... IMHO it looks phat but way to much money.....<P> Image <p>[This message has been edited by ApocalipticSol (edited July 17, 2001).]
jonnybpimpin

Post by jonnybpimpin »

OMG that crx looks amazing. <BR>i wonder how much $$ was put into that . <BR>any ideas???
ApocalipticSol

Post by ApocalipticSol »

2850.00 for the kit......
xeffex

Post by xeffex »

That kit also has the highest difficulty rating Erebuni has... So that makes me wonder how hard its gonna be to put together something custom for our car... but if anybody puts anything together please let me know. I would really like to see some pics. Thanks and good luck to all who try!
Jordan<BR>1994 White RS

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”