too much bass!

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
NateDog

too much bass!

Post by NateDog »

hey i got my volfenhag 12's installed and runnin :~) i have my amp maybe pushing a total to 300w and the bass is insainly (understatement)loud. it drowns out my front speakers. i will recomend volfenhag to anyone
lakersfan1

Re: too much bass!

Post by lakersfan1 »

So it's supposed to be good to not hear the lyrics and the instruments?
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

strong bad. yah.
1993 White gs klze.
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Nate Dog:
hey i got my volfenhag 12's installed and runnin :~) i have my amp maybe pushing a total to 300w and the bass is insainly (understatement)loud. it drowns out my front speakers. i will recomend volfenhag to anyone<hr></blockquote><p>I'll pass on the volfenhangens.
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

Ive only got a 8 inch JL audio W0 with a 222W sony amp (****ty little system, but its all i want) and it shakes my hatch and rattles everything around the hatch.... how do you guys with huge thumpin systems stop the damn rattling! Dynomating the glass doesnt seem too likely...
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

It shouldn't be the actual glass rattling. If it's the hatch that's rattling, it's either the trim around the window that's rattling, in which case you can Dynamat the backside of that, or it's the whole hatch rattling. If it's the whole hatch, that likely means the hatch isn't locking as tight as it should. Try adjusting the latching mechanism so it closes tighter.
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

My 2 cents is that when you've got a banging system your gonna get rattles unless you spend a small fortune on dynamatting or strip the whole car.
to cut expense i used roofing insulation which has worked very well stops most of the rattles. + i used some dynamatt.
NateDog

Post by NateDog »

i want to get some components real soon. but till then my stockers will have to do :( i dont have rattle at all but then again... my heat shield rattles like a mother. but i am tearing it out when i finnish my exhaust. but still i like the volfenhags. strong bad rules!!!! :D
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by BADMX3:
My 2 cents is that when you've got a banging system your gonna get rattles unless you spend a small fortune on dynamatting or strip the whole car.
to cut expense i used roofing insulation which has worked very well stops most of the rattles. + i used some dynamatt.
<hr></blockquote><p>Nah. Not a small fortune. If we're just talking rattles, and not road noise, you should only need about $50 worth of stuff off of eBay to handle even a system up to 150 dB. Now if you want to kill road noise and engine noise too............that's gonna be more like $150 in Dynamat at eBay prices, but still cheap IMO. Especially considering how much money I'm putting into the install. But the only thing besides rattle I'm going to try and kill is the tire noise. I decided the engine and exhaust noise I want to keep. It's not like it's ultra loud anyways, and it sounds sweet.
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

yah, I just turn it up so I can't hear the rattles :( <p>I have a whole box of sound dampening that I can use... but I haven't b/c it takes time and I am always short on it.
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”