cd player installation

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
engelzack

cd player installation

Post by engelzack »

when i bought my car came with a sony cdx5090 cdplayer really old looks like and i cant for the life of me figure out to take the thing out i have tried everything its not stock so i cant use the U shaped tool thingys...if anyone has any ideas that would help alot
neverenuff
Supporting Member

Re: cd player installation

Post by neverenuff »

does it has nobs? if it does it will be very easy! If it does not well you would need the keys to get it out but sometimes a very expensive tool"butter nife" will work. just stick it in the side of the unit and try pulling the unit out. but watch there might be a strap AKA a bracket screwed in the back. hope that helps. if the knife does not work you will have to get the key for it.
engelzack

Post by engelzack »

well i dunno knives dont work i dunno what key your talking about i guess its just gonna come down to me paying friggin 50 bucks just to get it removed..i have talked to about 50 people talked to all my friends and no one knows how to get it out.<p>[ July 19, 2003: Message edited by: engelzack ]</p>
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

Go to one of your local stereo shops, they should have deck keys for a sony in the store that u could use to get the deck out with. Decks usually come with them too. They would probly have dozens sitting around collecting dust
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

I've always been able to use some really, really long (4"??) thin nails. Get 4. Stick 1 through each recepticle at the side (2 each side) enough to activate the release mechanism. Then, pull the stereo out. Usually you'll need to pull one side (i.e. the left) out a couple millimeters, then the right a few millimeters, so on. Once it's out a couple inches, you should be able to just slide it right out the rest of the way.
engelzack

Post by engelzack »

well like you said i called up best buy and they said they have tons of keys you can have a pair.<p>thanks for the help<p>[ July 19, 2003: Message edited by: engelzack ]</p>

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”