please recommend a reasonably priced deck

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Bundy

please recommend a reasonably priced deck

Post by Bundy »

My car is just stolen and gone now. I believe they steal a lot of parts, and I also worry about my deck. Mine was a sony deck and paid about $300 when new. This time, I don't want to spend that much since I worry someone might steal again, and my budget is around 150. Can you recommend decks around that price range please?<p>bungo
mzdspd

Re: please recommend a reasonably priced deck

Post by mzdspd »

check out soem clarions
polak_gino

Post by polak_gino »

you also cant go wrong with with pioneer, they are really good
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

Metalic Green '92 GS 5-Speed
Len-Dogg

Post by Len-Dogg »

I have a Blaupunkt, they are made in Germany. I think they are pretty fresh. You can usually find them on ebay pretty cheap.
1995 Blaze Red RS 5sp. Manual, Pacesetter Exhaust, Custom CAI, 17" ADR Rims, Kumho Tires, Altezzas, GS Style Spoiler and Mud Guards, Neoprene Seat Covers, Aluminum Foot Pedals, Leather Shift Knob, Remote Starter, Blaupunkt Stereo and 5-disc changer, Pioneer Speakers, Amp, and Sub<p>http://www.cardomain.com/id/lendogg<p>http://www.msu.edu/~leonar40/Car.html<p>Image
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

For that amount, I think with the most features, you should go with either Kenwood or Alpine deck.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
polak_gino

Post by polak_gino »

ya i have a kenwood, but mine was one of the ,ore expensive ones a few years back. i dunno the high end ones are really good, but i dont know about the entry level ones. i still think pioneer is really good
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

personaly i would not go with kenwood. they tend to overheat and don't last long for the most part. but yes pioneers are very nice to. blaupunkts are well made but are overpriced for what u get. alpines are very nice but again some of them are overpriced.
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

I only go from experience. I have 5 Kenwood decks, (2 Excelon, 2 CD, 1 Tape deck) Never had one overheat, that is the first I've heard about that. Alpine are making theres cost efficient, Crutchfield has them pretty cheap, so you should be able to get them even cheaper at E-bay.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
polak_gino

Post by polak_gino »

ya i've had my kenwood KDC-X715 for 2 years now, no probs at all, im really satified
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

whinypunk

Post by whinypunk »

i have aiwa...lol but it has a flip face and looks cool....heh
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

I had an aiwa deck, it was awesome and cost only 100 bucks. Everything about the deck was good, it looked goood, had awesome quality, and had decent power. The only thing that hurt it was that it only had one set of RCA pre outs, which is huge when it comes to people who are serious about beefing up their systems. Thats why when some punks stole it i upgraded to a deck with front, rear, and sub pre outs.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

I thought at least one of you would mention sony, but didn't. What do you think about sony?<p>bungo
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

My previous deck was the following sony<p>it must be stolen by now<p>It sounded nice and kept me happy. I got that last summer after someone broke into my car and I needed to use my insurance to fix up the car. Anyway, let me know what you think about sony. Thanks.<p>bungo
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

sonys are ok as for you people with kenwoods im not saying they are bad but touch the front of it after u have had it on for a while. my friends got so hot one day that it even cut off. kenwood doesn't build there car or home stereos to handle heat. i had 2 kenwood house stereos over heat and my friend had to send his back 4 times due to overheating and he was running it at 8ohm and it can handle as low as 4. the rep from kenwood told me that the heat sinks are small so having it turned up for like 15min on a hot day can cause their house stereos to over heat. anotherkenwood rep at my local shop said the same thing. they are fine if u do not push them but why buy a stereo if ur not gonna use it.
z_x71

Post by z_x71 »

kenwoods are over rated. pioneer will give you the most bang for your buck. i've seen lots of compotitions, and have yet to see a kenwood head unit come close to winning in sq and sql, im not knocking anyone, somepeople like them and some don't, personaly i love pioneer, they can do everything a kenwood can do and more. as far as sony goes might as well as go to walmart and by some road gear or jensen. go and find a pioneer like a 2400 or so and put it in you will love it. for about 150 you might even find like a 6400 on the net like ebay. awesome i had one and you can tune every frequency that you could imagine. but like i say go with what you want and enjoy it, remember it's not what others think its what you think that counts
Keep smiling, It keeps people wondering what you are doing!

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”