need help putting stock stereo back in

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
marksoden

need help putting stock stereo back in

Post by marksoden »

After having my after market cd player stolen, I need to put back my stock stereo...but I need a little help. I have referred to the links from this site regarding the specs, but I'm not sure if I am missing a wire. I am using the 8 pin connector, but it only had 4 wires sticking out of it...
http://www.mx-3.com/tech/audsys/aud_sys_amfm-deck.gif
( the four rear speaker wires)
My question is...(and sorry if this sounds dumb)...which wire supplies the power?
And which wire is the ground? I have attached two pictures to get an idea of what I'm looking at....I think the long thin blue wire is the ground, but I can't be sure...
thanks a lot.
pic 1
pic 2<p>I should add that I attached the four wires from the 8 pin connector (as you can see, there are many others unused) and what I thought was the ground...but it did not work...duh...no power...<p>[ February 09, 2003: Message edited by: marksoden ]</p>
---------
94 Black MX3 GS Manual
Maddbuck

Re: need help putting stock stereo back in

Post by Maddbuck »

I dunno where to start because it looks a mess from your pictures but this is my usual response to wire colour questions so I hope it helps you out getting the stock radio back in:<p>here you go
Here's what I get from the online manual wiring diagram pg Z-102
Blue/red - battery
Blue/black - Ignition
Black - ground
Red - deck lighting (avoid not needed)
Red/black - deck lighting (avoid not needed)
blue/orange - front left -
Violet - front left +
white - front right -
Blue/white - front right +
Pink - rear left -
grey/black - rear left +
light green/red - rear right -
light green/black - rear right +<p>the red and red/black wire are part of the interior lighting dimmer circuit for the instrumentation lights. for an aftermarket radio they are not needed unless the unit has provision for this but most don't.
marksoden

Post by marksoden »

thanks for the start...and I'll get right on it as soon as I figure out why my clock and interior lights don't work...I think the spark I saw as some wires touched each other may have blown a fuse. I'll give it another go, then get professional help...
---------
94 Black MX3 GS Manual
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by marksoden:
thanks for the start...and I'll get right on it as soon as I figure out why my clock and interior lights don't work...I think the spark I saw as some wires touched each other may have blown a fuse. I'll give it another go, then get professional help...<hr></blockquote>
Check the fuse marked "interrior." That's what did it to me. I wasn't even playing w/ any wires. I just started my car and it blew or something.
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
quinn_seipp

Post by quinn_seipp »

same as me but I believe the fuse is labelled as "room"
130 hp and 1000 horsepower strong, ;)
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

thats possible too.. I was just guessing.
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”