pager for alarm???

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
airjordon_09

pager for alarm???

Post by airjordon_09 »

does anyone have any idea how much pagers for car alarms are??? i want one but have no idea. and does anyone know if you have to pay anytype of monthly fee on them like the tracking devices?? any help would be great
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
Sonicxtacy02

Re: pager for alarm???

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

60 bucks at jcwhitney. And no you dont pay a subscription for them. They only have a 1/8th mile range
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by airjordon_09:<BR><STRONG>does anyone have any idea how much pagers for car alarms are??? i want one but have no idea. and does anyone know if you have to pay anytype of monthly fee on them like the tracking devices?? any help would be great</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Like Shaun said, most don't have a subscription. Others do, but like they say, you get what you pay for. The ones with subscriptions will do alot more than just tell you where your car is, and they also have a MUCH longer range. I know Clifford.com has some of the subscriber services. I'm not sure about what features are offered, but they should overview them on their site.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

they are a really cool idea, but I don't want a huge thing on my key chain... I really just want one that calls my cell!
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BumpNGlow:<BR><STRONG>they are a really cool idea, but I don't want a huge thing on my key chain... I really just want one that calls my cell!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>What you need is OnStar
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

One night in downtown Toronto, two hooked up mx-3's beside each other. Both had alarms. Mine had a paging system. Mine, not a scratch. The other one, passenger side window was smashed, system gone, glove compartment pried open, etc.<BR>Professional car thieves I think survey the car for that kind of stuff before they do a job. The signal antenna is a deterent at best, but they could still jack your car. In other words when you get it, don't park underground.<P>one
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VizualXTC:<BR><STRONG><BR>What you need is OnStar</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I thought I heard the other day they were going out of business or maybe being sold off or something.
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EBUCKS:<BR><STRONG>One night in downtown Toronto, two hooked up mx-3's beside each other. Both had alarms. Mine had a paging system. Mine, not a scratch. The other one, passenger side window was smashed, system gone, glove compartment pried open, etc.<BR>Professional car thieves I think survey the car for that kind of stuff before they do a job. The signal antenna is a deterent at best, but they could still jack your car. In other words when you get it, don't park underground.<BR></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>My car has been broken into 3 times now in two different locations, once on the street and twice in my underground garage. Both times they some how get in through the trunk, I am not sure how they are doing it, when I come to the car I always fine the trunk lever up, it's weird.<P>But yea it definately pays to have a good alarm as a deterent, my current alarm sucks a-- which is why I will replace it soon. Sure if they really want something they will still take it but at least with a pager/better alarm it will deter them or give you the chance to catch them in the act. I will be moving soon so I won't have to park underground any more, thank god!
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

Andrew, get your car from under there. That's where I got my car broken into as well. However, I think that they might just open the hatch just to get at your amps and speakers. That's what they did when they stole mine. <BR>Oh by the way, best place for amps and CD changer, are under the seat. To install take your seats out. How the hell is a thief going to figure that he has enough time to take out your seats to get at them. <BR> :D Ancient chinese secret! :D <P>one
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

I have my cd changer under my seat but do you know what the bastard did? He took the magazine where all the cds fit into, like what the hell? If he wanted the cds then fine but don't steal the magazine part of it, like what is he going to do with that part other than throw it in the garbage. Now I have to order that part from Pioneer.
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

You know what that is? That's amatuers. <BR>When my system got jacked they made clean cuts of everything and didn't destroy anything. They left my CD's, all my catcher baseball equipment ($500), my baseball bats ($700). They just wanted the stereo. That's professionalism. I would have loved to say that I did it my self, but I'm not that good or neat! [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] <P>one
HRO

Post by HRO »

If your from ancaster, then your close to East Hamilton Radio, they have 2 different paging alarms, one by Vadar, and one by Viper the viper on is an add on and runs for like $250, and the vadar on is a whole alarm for like 250 but the quality and reception of the pager is not there. I have the Viper pager and i've tested the range, and i've gotten like 2 miles b4, and it also works from my underground parking through concrete.<P>hope this helps you out. <BR>btw the viper pager is bulky (larger then a normal pager) and the vadar one is on your key chain, if you don't mind carrying the larger pager then get the viper, if you need to have the small transmitter then get the vadar.<P>later
My Cardomain Site<p>Image<p> FBSS Air suspension, 12 gallon tank, viair 450 comp
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

im also talking about the pager systems that the pager goes off when your alarm is going off or if your vehicle is even touched, thats the thing i was asking about, but i heard its like 5 or 6 bills, am i wrong or are we all talking about the same thing??
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
HRO

Post by HRO »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> im also talking about the pager systems that the pager goes off when your alarm is going off or if your vehicle is even touched, thats the thing i was asking about, but i heard its like 5 or 6 bills, am i wrong or are we all talking about the same thing?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Yes, these alarms page you when your alarm goes off. The viper add on if you have a viper alarm is about 300cdn +install. The others you must buy the whole alarm as one piece (not an add on), and it is about $500.<P>I think East Hamilton Radio has one for about $400 made by vadar. Go check it out if you want.<P>hope this answers your question.<P>later
My Cardomain Site<p>Image<p> FBSS Air suspension, 12 gallon tank, viair 450 comp
Tay69

Post by Tay69 »

I just had my new Viper 2-way pager/alarm system. It is the newest model out. It isn't the add on version. The model number is 790VX. It is a car starter and 2-way pager alarm built into one. It is supposed to be better than the Vadar system or the Prestige system.
'96 MX-3 GS

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”