need some help

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
airjordon_09

need some help

Post by airjordon_09 »

k, i just got all my s---, i picked up 2 alpine type R's, and a zapco studio 500 amp, but i figured got some nice s---, but i need some ideas for a nice lookin set up, i have no idea how i want my box, and i can not take up the whole trunk because i need room for the hockey equipment, i was planning on building a wall right behinde the back seat, so all i have to do is fold the back seat down to expose the subs. good idea or not??? or does anyone have any other opinions or anypics of thier boxes, any help right now would be appreciated. thanx
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
mx3man83

Re: need some help

Post by mx3man83 »

How big are the type R's? The only place to put a full 10 inch or bigger sub in the mx-3 is in the trunk...unless you wanna set it in ur back seat but then nobody can sit there..ITs up to you...
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

personally i had 2 10" subs in custom enclosures in the rear kick panel (on the floor where the seat touches the side of the car). It looked nice and kept the trunk free. When i upgraded to 12s they wouldnt fit the area so they went in the trunk. I got rid of the 10s, still have the enclosures though.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

the subs are 12's, see what i was thinking of doing is, you know how the back seats fold down, i was thinking of making a vertical wall right behind thier that way i still get the cubis space for the box and it doesnt take up to much room, i was thinking of taking out the back seats all together but you never know if you need the back seat just in case, but if i have it set up with a little wall, i lose the connection from the trunk to the back seat but thats not as bad. does anyone think that idea might work? thanx for the replys guys
JºrDôñ

gti_driven@hotmail.com
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02:<BR><STRONG>personally i had 2 10" subs in custom enclosures in the rear kick panel (on the floor where the seat touches the side of the car). It looked nice and kept the trunk free. When i upgraded to 12s they wouldnt fit the area so they went in the trunk. I got rid of the 10s, still have the enclosures though.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>those kick panels don't even look like they are attached to the subs... looking at the picture, it looks like they are just sitting there.... Also, did ppl kick those when they were getting in the back seat? Space is very limited in the back seat as is...<P><BR>and air jordan -- making a wall is gonna be harder than you think. The best bet is to make them fire into the seats(as a way to protect them) and just make the box durable enough that you can put the hockey gear on top of the box and behind it. Those 12"s don't take up much room anyways.
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

or do you think i should just say f--- it, build the box across the trunk and just use the back seat for my s---, i just dont want my whole car to be subs, i think i should have thought about this before
JºrDôñ

gti_driven@hotmail.com
tk1138

Post by tk1138 »

Have you considered a 'stelth box' to go where your spare is? If it's got grills on it you can still use the trunk for your equipment. A 'transmision board' might also work, to allow you access to your spare, but they're somewhat harder to fit.<P>You'll probably only be able to use one sub this way, but if the space is really a requirement...<P>good luck
tk1138<P>There's not really anything I want to say over and over.
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

bump the speakers were just sitting there in the pics cause i wanted to give an idea to where i was talkin about while doing my "how-to". the panels were made from 1/2" MDF and contoured the curves of the joint. I didnt have them in long enough to bother taking pics or finishing the write up cause someone did end up eventually kicking one sub. However, with a baffle, i'm sure i could have made it work.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

thanx guys,i have decidided to put off installing the system for now, i am curently shopping for a new mx-3, i have seen quite a few nice ones, looking at the 95' or 96's, and i figure when i get it that i should make the outside look good then customize out the inside, while im doing the outside i will spend little time working on making my own custom box to fit the car. thanx for everyones support and answers
JºrDôñ

gti_driven@hotmail.com
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

get the anniversary edition w/ leather seats... those are pimp, if I ever redo my interrior, I am getting that interrior, or all out custom...
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

what year is that edition???
JºrDôñ

gti_driven@hotmail.com
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

93<BR>theres a whole thing on it on the main mx-3.com page....
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
QPDZARO

Post by QPDZARO »

AirJordan... <P>I dont know what type of look that your going for, all I know is that you have 2 12" subs and 2 amps.. Those type R's do require some air space. Good Choice on the woofers I have 3 10" type R's That have good deep sound for a 10". I do custom install all the time so I am wondering is this for show? ( fiberglass boxing amp racks) Convience? ( just so u can fit your hockey gear) or So no one will know their there? <BR>Let me know because my mind is always full of ideas
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

yeah, umm, its not really for show although if im gonna do it, i do want it to look nice, not just a bog box in the trunk, but i also realize that i do have very limited space for them, not to interested in hiding them, just pretty much wondering if anyone had any ideas, i just want it to look nice and leave as much space as possible, thanx for the reply
JºrDôñ

gti_driven@hotmail.com

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”