How to hook up the rest of this alarm

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
pmcgarty

How to hook up the rest of this alarm

Post by pmcgarty »

OK, so i bought a Crimestoppers 2300Dc for my car and I have it partially installed but I am a little at a loss as to where to hook up certain wires. <BR>The wires with the X's through them are the ones I have hooked up.<BR>How do I hook up these wires?<BR>1. Dome light<BR>2. Door trigger (positive or negative??) and where?<BR>3. Orange Negative output when armed<BR>4. Blue trunk trigger<BR>5. Horn where is this damn wire I had my steering column apart and couldn't find it<P>Those are the main things for now. Any help would be appreciated.<BR>Cheers<BR> Image<p>[ July 03, 2002: Message edited by: my1stmx-3 ]
MX-3 Extreme

Re: How to hook up the rest of this alarm

Post by MX-3 Extreme »

OK First of all you have to Use the green wire for your door trigger cause the mx-3 uses a negitive dome light circuit so you dont use the violet wire for anything( ford only ect). White goes to the parking light circuit and that wire is a RED/Black wire in the bottom kick panel near the fuse box...or you can go directly to the switch. The orange wire is a negative while armed wire and that means the whenever the alarms is armed a negative output is released..this is for starter kill or ignition kill if you have a manual transmission..you need a relay inorder to use this function, so if you have the relay then hook the orange wire to pin 85 and the hook ignition to pin 86 and then place two wires to pin's 87a and 30 out to the starter wire which If I am not mistaken it is black/white and you can find this wire under the steeringcolum with other very thick 10 gueage wires...you will find ( Blue-black-black/white and also white) if you find these wires which will be there forsure then you are set..cut the starter wire and place on side of the relay( pin 87a) and place if on the side that you cut going towards the motor and then place the other ( pin 30) on the other side and then you will have startkill. The yellow goes to ignition, and the blackwhite wires at the top that say dome light positive or negative you will need a relay to complete the dome light supervision and the system in the car is negative so you would need to make a negative relay to make it work.<BR>Please check all wiring cause I dont have my car manual with me here at home and I may be slightly wrong on the colours so check it first..<BR>Hope this all helps<P>Killermx3<BR>First Class MECP certified<BR>Ontario Automotive certified technician
pmcgarty

Post by pmcgarty »

Thanks for the help. I'm going to work on it. Mind if I pick you brain some more if I have any other questions?
MX-3 Extreme

Post by MX-3 Extreme »

No problem just email me and I will be glad to help.<P>Killermx3
Da_Wiggy

Post by Da_Wiggy »

12V |black | + |ignition harness |<BR>| STARTER |black/blue | + |ignition harness |<BR>| IGNITION |blue | + |ignition harness |<BR>| ACCESSORY |black/red | + |ignition harness |<BR>| POWER LOCK |actuator | |drivers door |<BR>| POWER UNLOCK |actuator | |drivers door |<BR>| PARKING LIGHTS + |red/black | |dimmer control switch |<BR>| PARKING LIGHTS - |green | |steering column |<BR>| HEADLIGHTS |blue/yellow | - |steering column |<BR>| DOOR TRIGGER |red/white | - |3 pin plug above fuse |<BR>| TRUNK/HATCH PIN |red | - |at switch or light |<BR>| TACHOMETER |yellow-blue | |at distributor |<BR>| BRAKE WIRE |green | + |brake switch |<BR>| HORN TRIGGER |grn/red or grn/blk | - |steering column |<BR>| WIPERS |blue/white | + |steering column |<BR>| LF WINDOW UP/DOWN |red/blk red/grn | A |in drivers door |<BR>| RF WINDOW UP/DOWN |red/wht blk/blu | A |in drivers door or dkp

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”