Car Alarm Install

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Talon_66

Car Alarm Install

Post by Talon_66 »

Hey<BR>Does anyone know how difficult it is to install your own Car Alarm? I just purchased one with Remote Start. Any hints?
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
neverenuff
Supporting Member

Re: Car Alarm Install

Post by neverenuff »

Take it to a shop and get it done if you have no idea on how to do it remote start can be tricky and if instaled wrong you could cause some serious damage!!!!!
GMGQ

Post by GMGQ »

I just got a new alarm installed by a shop. If you let a shop do it, they have the experience to tackle some unforeseen problems you may run into. And they know some tips and tricks to install it better. Given that this is for the security of your vehicle, I would suggest letting a shop do it if you're not too sure about it yourself. You wouldn't want to short anything out and cause yourself more problems. <P>Plus the shop that I went to, they give you a lifetime warranty on the install and on the alarm itself. So that's very reassuring as well.
Gary Mui ( mx3style@shaw.ca )
Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://mx3slimvisors.2ya.com
mazda_stud

Post by mazda_stud »

Yah your right the shop is the best bet, You can't beat a life time warranty on labour. The alarm is really simple but the car starter is the b----, especialy if you have a standard trany. Take it in pay the money or you can waste, well probably a good day of your life and the chance of wrecking something, why risk it? Unless you kind of know what your doing and you feel lucky that day. Good luck!
LIFE IS A HIGHWAY I WANT TO DRIVE IT ALL NIGHT LONG!

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”