Kenwood KRC info needed

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Stincey

Kenwood KRC info needed

Post by Stincey »

Recently I got an mStation boot-fitted, but I aint too happy about the work done. The guy used the supplied fm modulator and told me there'd be no probs with it. This was just plain wrong. Interference was pretty bad until I fitted a ground loop isolator this morning (and I reckon I'd have down the mStation wiring much neater meself). Still have a problem with the fm modulator mind - it seems to have a pretty nasty freq. shift from about 88.1 -> 89.1 and occasionally it jumps to 108.1. This means that nearly every time I turn it on I hafta tune the KRC in again. :(<P>I noticed there's a CD-changer plug on the KRC and have tied in vain to get a pin-out for this. Kenwood refuse to help - no replies to emails in 3 weeks. The connector is a round 13-pin DIN type. Any of you know where I can my hands on the pinout for this ?<P>Model: Kenwood KRC-255L (possibly UK only).<P><BR>Cheers.
Stincey

Re: Kenwood KRC info needed

Post by Stincey »

Got the following info on the 13-pin female connector:<P>pin description <BR>1 output from radio, 5V to switch changer on <BR>2 +12V <BR>3 GND <BR>4 frame sync radio -> changer <BR>5 audio 1 <BR>6 ?? <BR>7 ?? ( audio for beep ?? ) <BR>8 ?? <BR>9 audio 2 <BR>10 data radio -> changer <BR>11 data changer -> radio <BR>12 frame sync changer -> radio <BR>13 clock from radio <P><BR>Apparently there is an official Kenwood part that does it (costs £35 - that's about $50 USD!). Going from the above info tho ... can any of you more techie types gimme a pointer on how to wire this up ?<P>Really wish the previous owner had left the stock mazda stereo in ... plenty of pinout diagrams available for it. :/<P><BR>Cheers.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”