spare tire well

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
DAC 752

spare tire well

Post by DAC 752 »

has anyone tried to put a sub in the spare well? roughly how much air space is there . im thinking of putting my solobaric in it. thanks.
Sonicxtacy02

Re: spare tire well

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

if you do it similar to what is done on that page (with 10's), the result would be good. I tried it with 2 bazooka subs and it sounded crappy. Not loud at all and it made the trunk vibrate.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

This is Tom's mx-3, look how he did it:<P> Image
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

That is f---in tight. Too bad he went with the JL subs tho.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
houstonmx3

Post by houstonmx3 »

what did you do to your spare tire when you put the system in the tire well?
GMGQ

Post by GMGQ »

You sacrifice it. People who do this to their trunks take out the spare tire. Most people actually just get a canister of those tire sealer/inflator thingies to replace it, and hope for the best ;)<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by houstonmx3:<BR><STRONG>what did you do to your spare tire when you put the system in the tire well?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Gary Mui ( mx3style@shaw.ca )
Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://mx3slimvisors.2ya.com
GMGQ

Post by GMGQ »

What if I just want to put 1 10" sub in the spare tire well...? Anyone have links to an example of this?
Gary Mui ( mx3style@shaw.ca )
Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://mx3slimvisors.2ya.com
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VizualXTC:<BR><STRONG>That is f---in tight. Too bad he went with the JL subs tho.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>What is wrong w/ JL subs?
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BumpNGlow:<BR><STRONG><P>What is wrong w/ JL subs?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>JL in my opinion are s---.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
maldo

Post by maldo »

That's funny, I have 2 10w8 models that are 5-6 years old that have 400rms going into each and can hit 148db. They are rated at 125rms. No problems, awesome sound.<P>Everyone has their own opinion, I am not a fan of Alpine or Kenwood, no particular reasons. Really starting to like the Kicker and Audiobahn lines.
Da_Wiggy

Post by Da_Wiggy »

148 db's with 2 old jl 10's???.......I'm not calling you a liar but do you have anything to prove that?
maldo

Post by maldo »

Oh for sure, they print off a sheet for you just like they do at the track. ;) Unfortunately I don't, but if you are around Saskatoon you can take a listen yourself. I don't really do the stereo comps any more but the last time I did, that is what I was able to hit. Feels good beating out guys with 2 12s.
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maldo:<BR><STRONG>Oh for sure, they print off a sheet for you just like they do at the track. :D! But lil ones don't(which is where you probably got yours metered). Also, I know that two 10w6s ahve the POSSIBILITY to hit 148, so I can vowge(sp) for that. Got any pics of your install?
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
pmcgarty

Post by pmcgarty »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andrew Pakula:<BR><STRONG>This is Tom's mx-3, look how he did it:<P> Image </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>This is similar to the type of install that I would like to do. Does Tom post to this board? If so could he answer a couple of questions or give a quick run through on how he did this? <P>Cheers

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”