Sound fades.

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
A.S.

Sound fades.

Post by A.S. »

My system's been acting up lately: the sound kinda goes up and fades avery few seconds, almost like someone is playing with the bass and the treble. what gives?
hi
neverenuff
Supporting Member

Re: Sound fades.

Post by neverenuff »

hey,<BR>well is it fadeing or cuttin out if it's cuttin out i'd say amp prob if it's fading id say headunit prob.if you have another headunit swap it for a littlewhile see what happens!!!
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

i would check your speaker connections, one may be loose and causing the speaker to turn on and off while driving.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
A.S.

Post by A.S. »

The sound doesnt completely cut out, Its actually pretty loud, Only the bass seems to fade and come back within 5 second intervals.
hi
neverenuff
Supporting Member

Post by neverenuff »

OK WELL IT'S ONLY THE BASS RIGHT.DOES IT GOO OUT OR JUST GET LOW?FIRST I WOULD CHECK HOW HOT THE AMP IS GETTING THEN I WOULD CHECK TO MEKE SURE MY SUB CONNECTION WAS OK NOT JUST FROM THE BOX TO THE AMP BUT THE SPEAKERS TO THE BOX SOMETIMES IF YOU DONT HAVE A SOLID CONNECTION THE WIRE CAN COME LOOSE WITH A GOOD BASS NOTE AND IF LOOSE ENOUGH IT CAN TOUCH THE OTHER LEAD MAKING THAT CHANEL GO OUT LEAVING ONLY ONE SPEAKER WORKING WICH COULD SOUND LIKE A FADE .START THERE IF NOT THE PROB THEN LET ME KNOW AND WE CAN TRY TO GO A STEP FURTHER.<BR> ANY OTHER ? OR ANYTHING I CAN HELP WITH HIT ME UP!!<BR> LATER
A.S.

Post by A.S. »

I'll check all the wiring starting from the subs. <BR>Thank bro.
hi

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”