finding a good ground

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
david103

finding a good ground

Post by david103 »

where is the best place to run the ground from the amp? i have it ran to the metal under the carpet behind the seats. also, is running the ground from the amp and the head unit to the same place actually worth tearing my car apart again? i've heard it cuts out a lot of distortion... eh.<P>dave
BumpNGlow

Re: finding a good ground

Post by BumpNGlow »

in the far back, passenger side, there is a lil dip down place, all metal... tahts what I used.
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

Use a multi meter and check for resisatnce.
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by keymaker:<BR><STRONG>I grounded mine to the wall of the spare tire well..<P>Don't ground two components to the same place! You want them isolated!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The use of a ground block is fine. If you dotn have one, ground them close together in a diff spot, like 1 inch apart to the frame.
neverenuff
Supporting Member

Post by neverenuff »

hey guy's<BR> well loudsubs is right!!!i been into instaling car audio for a while and im trin to get certified now, i'v been reading alot of loudsubs reply's and he know's his sh%t! <BR> just thought i'd put in my 2 cents.
polak_gino

Post by polak_gino »

yo guys listen to matt he is a genius. hes the guy that does everyhting to my car and i love him for that. BBBBBBBBBBBBBBbbrrrrrrrrrrttttttttttttttttttttttzzzzz!!!! matt go take a shower
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

Metalic Green '92 GS 5-Speed
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NEVER ENUFF CUSTOMS:<BR><STRONG>hey guy's<BR> well loudsubs is right!!!i been into instaling car audio for a while and im trin to get certified now, i'v been reading alot of loudsubs reply's and he know's his sh%t! <BR> just thought i'd put in my 2 cents.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Thanks man. :) I'm not up tto par on other things besides car audio, like motors ans stuff btu I have always like Car Audio and spent the time reading books and on the net and practicing by working hands on etc. I just hope to help out around here by leading people in the right direction. Its always good to have another (you) person with experience then ideas can be thrown around and its good to have someone else to get advice from.<P>Lookin forward to reading some of your stuff.<BR>Take it ez.
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by polak_gino:<BR><STRONG>yo guys listen to matt he is a genius. hes the guy that does everyhting to my car and i love him for that. BBBBBBBBBBBBBBbbrrrrrrrrrrttttttttttttttttttttttzzzzz!!!! matt go take a shower</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Im going right now.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NEVER ENUFF CUSTOMS:<BR><STRONG>hey guy's<BR> well loudsubs is right!!!i been into instaling car audio for a while and im trin to get certified now, i'v been reading alot of loudsubs reply's and he know's his sh%t! <BR> just thought i'd put in my 2 cents.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I agree, finaly someone on this board that actually knows what he's talkin about, instead of actin like they know what their talkin about. I dunno how he's only got 2 stars (maybe their jealous kid ;)). I give you props son.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VizualXTC:<BR><STRONG><P>I agree, finaly someone on this board that actually knows what he's talkin about, instead of actin like they know what their talkin about. I dunno how he's only got 2 stars (maybe their jealous kid ;)). I give you props son.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Thanks. But I admit, I dont know everything so I only try to respond to the ones I know im sure about. And i noticed i tend to be an @ss soemtimes in my posts, so Im trying to stop that now. Sorry if i was rude to anyone in the past.
MX-3 Extreme

Post by MX-3 Extreme »

Not to be the one to correct anybody here but you should never seperate grounds from amplifiers, the reason for this is because you can create a change in resistants between the two which can create ground loops which can lead to noice and other noice problems. You should always ground audio equipment to the same spot if possible to avoid intial or future problems, using a gound block like he says is the best idea and the cleanest way to install car audio when dealing with multiple equipment.<P>Killermx3<BR>Certified automotive electronic tech.<BR>Fisrt Class MECP certified
codyhoover

Post by codyhoover »

if you wanna do it right get a capacitor, 2 distribution blocks and lots-o-wire.<BR> <BR>4awg from bat+ to cap+<BR>4awg from cap+ to 1st distibution block<BR>8awg from 1st distribution block to amps power<BR>8awg from amp grounds to 2nd distribution block<BR>4awg from 2nd distribution block to cap-<BR>4awg from cap- to bat-<P>this will totally eliminate all engine noise as well as cancel all ground loops. pluss the cap will keep your lights frome dimming when you turn it up :)
-Cody
Green '92 GS
140db on 1 12"

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”