6X9's

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
jnic

6X9's

Post by jnic »

How hard is it to put these into the back of one fo these, and is it worth it?
loudsubz

Re: 6X9's

Post by loudsubz »

IMO, 6X9's dont sound that great. Ive never liked the sound from an oval speaker comapred to a round one.<P>But its up to you. If I were you I would just buy a nice sounding 6.5".
Tman

Post by Tman »

What kind of 6.5 do you have loudsubz???
R.I.P. September 25th @ 2:55 p.m. - 93 Mx-3 RS :-(
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

well, you can just cut holes in your hatch cover and pop them right in. it just takes a jigsaw. or you can make a baffle that'll hold the 6x9's in the stock location. i agree with loudsubz, 6x9's aren't worth the hassle, no matter how long it takes. get a nice set of 6.5's and put them back there and they'll produce enough midbass.
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

What I personally would do is build an enclosure in the rear for them. There's no way you can fit the 6x9 in the stock area and have it be worth it. Half the speaker would be covered up by the seatbelt retractor anyway. I have 6.5" speakers in the rear and that's perfect for me. But everyone's opinion is different. Hope it helps
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
precidiagirl

Post by precidiagirl »

even though the hole isn't big enough for them, I tried 5x7's in the rear spots and they work great. They are a good quality speaker and you can still secure the cover over it. Looks nice, sounds great (the 2 600 watt subs in the trunk help it out too!!) :)
Holly Ouelette
MX-3 Extreme

Post by MX-3 Extreme »

Dont waste your time, Loudsub's is right,just go with a good 6.5 in the rear and a good component up front and you will be more than happy.I would Suggest : Infinity or JBL(POWER SERIES) or Image Dynamics or even a good pair of Focal if you really can afford it. I would really recommend a decent amp to power everything even if you are not running subs yet.<P><BR>Killer Mx3<BR>Ontario Government certified Automotive Tech<BR>MECP First Class certified
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

I have pioneer coaxials now, but i got a avi component set for xmas i have to install.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”