small speakers

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
DavePostle

small speakers

Post by DavePostle »

i have 2 big 12" subs that give really good bass but i need to get some speakers that will give me the high notes too... i noticed on most cars people isn't 6x9's but i herd they won't fit in an mx3.... does anyone have any advice of what speakers and system to install for really good sound to complement loud bass??
mrprecidia

Re: small speakers

Post by mrprecidia »

the speakers are 6.5's
You can just call me the originator
VizualXTC

Re: small speakers

Post by VizualXTC »

Well, the BEST thing to do, is get some coaxials for the rear, and a component for the front. I have a 5.25" Ininfity Reference component set in the front of my car, and the respective 6.5" coaxials in the rear. Some people have put components in both the front and rear of the car, and I heard real good things about that, but when are you gunna be riding in the back? Why spend an extra $200 for components for the rear? As for the make of the speakers, you will have to listen to them, and decide for yourself. What sounds good to me, you may not like. Just remember, you get what you pay for. Don't get brands like Koss, Pyramid, Legacy, or any brand that costs less that $50 or it won't be a good system. You may want to, if not now, eventually, get a 4 channel amp to run your front and rear speakers.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”