speakers

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
92mx-3rs

speakers

Post by 92mx-3rs »

i just wanted to know what is the best speakers and also what is the size for the front door panel speakers and back speakers? [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
supercharge or turbocharge?
VizualXTC

Re: speakers

Post by VizualXTC »

BEST is MBQuart, but their pricing is outrageous. I'd go with a nice component set, maybe Infinity Kappa, Kenwood eXcelon, or Orion. The MX-3 has a 5.25" size all around.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VizualXTC:<BR><STRONG>BEST is MBQuart</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeh, whatever.<P>There is NO BEST brand. If there was everyone would buy it. Its whatever sounds good to you. There are however some better brands out there than make better quality soudning speakers etc.
MX3RS

Post by MX3RS »

um speakers are 6.5" all the way around. Not 5.25"
kalynn12

Post by kalynn12 »

I think that factory is 5.25 but you can fit 6.5 's in there. I usually like pioneer but i just bought some phoenix golds on some peoples advice so I will tell you how they are.
YES this IS my car, NO you can't drive it.<P>Jessica McDowell<BR>1993 MX-3 RS<BR>ICQ:111958082
back alley

Post by back alley »

i'm with mr. subz - there is no such thing as best - you gotta listen with your own ears and find some that YOU like. stick with a major brand, don't buy any from the back of a truck somewhere. some speakers are made to focus on the highs (voices, guitars etc. - some to focus on the lows, (that bass that some people love)- you decide what makes your ears happy. you can have both if you install a sub but then they can hear ya' comin'. whatever ya' get, enjoy them with some good music 'cause THAT'S what it's all about.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MX3RS:<BR><STRONG>um speakers are 6.5" all the way around. Not 5.25"</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Um read up a bit, it is 5.25" all around. You can fit 6.5", Hell you could fit 6x9 or 4x10 if you wanted to. It wouldn't be easy but it's doable. But stock defintaly is 5.25"<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by loudsubz:<BR><STRONG>Yeh, whatever.<P>There is NO BEST brand.<BR></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>lol. No need to be a jerk. I stick to my previous statement as MBQuart being the best. There is a difference between "What you like" and what is fact. MBQuart speakers produce the most accurate sound reproduction on the market today. I personally don't like MBQuart becuz they cost too much, and I "like" the sound of Kenwood better. I was just stating something. You get a hard on trying to disprove everything I say, don't you?
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
92mx-3rs

Post by 92mx-3rs »

um...im trying to think which one to get either sony xplod or rockford fosgate....hmmmm...
supercharge or turbocharge?
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

both sony and rf suck! Xplod speakers are too flemsy, and rf's are only good for mids, dont even think about turning the bass up or they'll blow! Trust me i have them now [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I agree on the xpload part, I mean they sell them in JC whitney!<BR>As far as RF goes, alot of their speakers are good, and some of the subs are as well, it depends on where you get them and the model number. Some of them are really bad quality, some are good
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VizualXTC:<BR><STRONG><P>lol. No need to be a jerk. I stick to my previous statement as MBQuart being the best. There is a difference between "What you like" and what is fact. MBQuart speakers produce the most accurate sound reproduction on the market today. I personally don't like MBQuart becuz they cost too much, and I "like" the sound of Kenwood better. I was just stating something. You get a hard on trying to disprove everything I say, don't you?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Id like to seehow Mb Quartz is the best, when there is even better brands than them out there, Like Focal etc.<P>I wonder who you "talked to" that told you Mb was the best.<P>And yeah I get a hard on trying to talk about car audio to people like you.
MX-3 Extreme

Post by MX-3 Extreme »

First off you are both right about the size of the speakers that are stock from factory cause the measurement from the internal cone is a 5.25" but it is a 3 bolt factory made pattern and a 5.25" aftermarket speaker will not fit half a good as a 6.5" speaker will. Just had to add my thoughts.<P>Killer Mx3<BR>Ontario Certified Automotive Electronic Tech<BR>MECP First Class certified Installer
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by loudsubz:<BR><STRONG><P>Id like to seehow Mb Quartz is the best, when there is even better brands than them out there, Like Focal etc.<P>I wonder who you "talked to" that told you Mb was the best.<P>And yeah I get a hard on trying to talk about car audio to people like you.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hahaha, damn I love this board. So many peeps trying to be the "king" of the forum. Dood, you make it fun to come here.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

ImageImage
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VizualXTC:<BR><STRONG><P>Hahaha, damn I love this board. So many peeps trying to be the "king" of the forum. Dood, you make it fun to come here.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Haha how am I trying to be king, all imt rying to do is use my audio knowledge to help out others. :D

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”