i need an amp!

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Doug93MX3

i need an amp!

Post by Doug93MX3 »

I just got 2 12" Alpine Type R subs, and i need an amp to run them. But I dont have any idea what kind of amp to get! I'm looking for something that runs 2Channels, 300W RMS EACH. Any suggestions?? I've been surfing the net but I can't really find any useful information. I live in the Lower Mainland in BC(vancouver) but i'm having trouble finding a car audio shop i like.<P>Lastly, has anyone heard of either Mobile Authority or Performance Tekniques??? I've seen their stuff advertised on some sites on the internet and im interested in some of their amps.
VizualXTC

Re: i need an amp!

Post by VizualXTC »

Well, I would go with any good name amplifier. Don't get cheap or you won't like the results. Go to <A HREF="http://www.Crutchfield.com" TARGET=_blank>www.Crutchfield.com</A> and look at th subs on there. <P>MA is a good amp, I've never heard of the other one. I like Kenwood, Planet Audio, MTX, and Orion for amps.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
loudsubz

Re: i need an amp!

Post by loudsubz »

Mobile Authority and Performance Teknique are lower end brands, not much better than Jensen and the like.<P>Get yourself a good amp to run those subs. Look into Memphids 1000d, RF BD1000, Crossfire, MTX, Orion Hcca 250, etc.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”