CD Player Installation Difficulty

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
finchuck

CD Player Installation Difficulty

Post by finchuck »

A friend of mine and I are going to install a CD Player head unit in his 92 MX-3. How difficult is this to do? Neither of us have any experience with car stereo's. Do you think we can do it? Is there anything we should know?<P>Thanks
<A HREF="http://www.finchuck.com" TARGET=_blank>Finchuck Online</A>
OsoSlo z28

Re: CD Player Installation Difficulty

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

if the stock stereo is the same as the 94, then you will need a coathanger and cut it to make two "U" shaped pieces that fit into the holes on each side. slide it out, connect the harness(bought extra) and slide the new one in.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

its not hard at all. all you have to do is clip the new harness into the factory one. then follow the wire diagram and crimp the hu's wires with the harnesses. it slides right in. <A HREF="http://www.installdr.com" TARGET=_blank>www.installdr.com</A> if that link doesn't work try .org and .net. the link is on my other comp so i'm not sure of the ending.
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

<A HREF="http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs/Ma ... 629009.pdf" TARGET=_blank>http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs/Ma ... 009.pdf</A> <P>We didn't have the right tool to take it out and didn't want to risk messing up the clips by usign a coat hanger, so we took it to a shop, and the guy came out to the car and 2 seconds later hehad the deck out. He did it for free too. From then on it was all a snap.<P>You can buy the radio puller tool from most shops like CT and wal mart in the automotive section i belive.
Tman

Post by Tman »

I just installed my cd deck about 3 weeks ago... And i hope you plan on doing this on a day with nothing else to do, because it took me 3-4 hours to do. The trickiest part about doing it, if finding all the screws to get the dash off. There are like 30 screws just to get to the old deck. I have a 93 rs, and i believe thats the same dash as the 92. After you get the old deck out, it is not that hard to crimp the wires and to connect the harnesses.
R.I.P. September 25th @ 2:55 p.m. - 93 Mx-3 RS :-(
Raivynn

Post by Raivynn »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tman:<BR><STRONG>I just installed my cd deck about 3 weeks ago... And i hope you plan on doing this on a day with nothing else to do, because it took me 3-4 hours to do. The trickiest part about doing it, if finding all the screws to get the dash off. There are like 30 screws just to get to the old deck. I have a 93 rs, and i believe thats the same dash as the 92. After you get the old deck out, it is not that hard to crimp the wires and to connect the harnesses.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>What are you doin'?? :D You don't have to take the dash apart to remove the stereo! You can buy stereo removal tools, remove the rubber stoppers from the 4 corners of the tape deck, insert the tools...yank...and presto! There's the old tape deck. Remove the wiring harness. Save the old tape deck just in case. You'll need an extra wiring harness...match the wires...be sure the CD player fits. (Probably should do that first, before wiring it up.) After that, it's basically home free. Easy.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”