head gasket? engine leakage?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
singsingevil

head gasket? engine leakage?

Post by singsingevil »

first of all, merry christmas every1 !!
anyway ... as i'm trying to go out with my car, there is a problem: engine oil is going fast like hell!! i changed oil for 3000mi, then its all gone .. it had been making noises for a long time tho.....at first i thought its normal, so i just added oil to it cuz i was in a hurry, and it was full after i added oil. after that i drove bout 30 mi, then when i checked again this time 1/4 of the oil is gone as i saw on the tip :eek: .. i'm going to change the head gasket with my friend, but i just want to know if any1 have any idea or suggestion for it. thz ppl ~ hav a nice holiday
92RedMX3

Re: head gasket? engine leakage?

Post by 92RedMX3 »

thats not normal as far as I have seen for a head gasket. Usually you have water in the oil instead. Does it smoke? Drive a really short distance and see if you can find the leak.
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

Get someone to watch you take off in a hurry and look for blue smoke(piston rings) or white smoke (head gasket). black smoke is too much fuel & is somwhat normal .<p>If there is no smoke then park it on some cardboard overnight to see any leaks.<p>check the coolent(when cold) for oil in coolant.<p>check oil fill cap for a brown mud under cap(coolant in oil)
13.023 @ 105 mph
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

not sure, but if you checked the oil with the car hot, then you're going to get a bad reading. it will be lower because most of the oil is still up in the motor.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”