installing a deck

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
intense

installing a deck

Post by intense »

Is there a factory amp in a 93 Mx-3. If so where is it located. I am trying to install a deck in my car. Is the black wire that connects into the back of the stock radio the ground? Please help I need tunes. would i have to bypass the amp. how would i do that. Could somebody give me a run down of how to install a deck. (besides ripping out your dash parts) THANKS
longisland55

Re: installing a deck

Post by longisland55 »

there is no factory amp in the mx-3... there is a thick round black wire on the left corner. that is the antenna... the thing you gotta do is find the wire that gave power to the old stereo,(try hooking a small bulb into the holes of the old harness, it will light when you find power) so you'll know where the power for the new stereo is, then, find the wires for the speakers... the new stereo will have 2 wires for power, a red and a yellow one. you'll have to connect the yellow one to a continous power source( the + terminal of the battery(don't forget to put a fuse in between if you do this... to protect the new stereo), or such) to keep the memory of the deck running, otherwise everything will reset every time you turn your car off... hope this will help!
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by longisland55:<BR><STRONG>there is no factory amp in the mx-3... there is a thick round black wire on the left corner. that is the antenna... the thing you gotta do is find the wire that gave power to the old stereo,(try hooking a small bulb into the holes of the old harness, it will light when you find power) so you'll know where the power for the new stereo is, then, find the wires for the speakers... the new stereo will have 2 wires for power, a red and a yellow one. you'll have to connect the yellow one to a continous power source( the + terminal of the battery(don't forget to put a fuse in between if you do this... to protect the new stereo), or such) to keep the memory of the deck running, otherwise everything will reset every time you turn your car off... hope this will help!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>why u think mx-3 has factory amp?....cause it sounds so good even though its all factory doesnt it? yeah..nice car...all way around.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

goto <A HREF="http://www.installdr.com" TARGET=_blank>www.installdr.com</A> and find the hu install for a mazda mx3.
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

when installing my deck i used the atenna as my ground and everything worked fine, just my two cents!
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

Using the antenna as a ground is stupid. There is a groudn wire already back there that is connected to the chasis of the car. USE THAT ONE. Or be like me and I ran a new ground under the dash.
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

how do you figure its stupid, i didn't split any wires to get it like that just plugged it up. if its so stupid why is it workin fine and i had an easy a-- time puttin it in!?
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

So your saying you just plugged the antenna into the back of the receiver?
MX-3 Extreme

Post by MX-3 Extreme »

You should never use the antenna as a ground it can cause ground loops which then can cause noise in the future. would you connect you main batterie to the antenna ground?Ofcoarse not. Using the antenna as a ground will eventually fail cause the antenna works off a ground source the changes with weather conditions and moisture ect. There is a thick ground that is thicker than all the other wires and is separate from the two main plugs behind the dash and goes right to the body next to the computer,use that one and you will have no problems.<P>Killer Mx3<BR>Ontario Govenrnment certified automotive technician.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”