Power Wire

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
mx3weasel

Power Wire

Post by mx3weasel »

hey im trying to install my stereo in my 94 GS and so far everything went in fine except i have to get 2 power wires throguh my firewall for my amps, i was just wondering if anyone knows of any holes with rubber gromets on them in the firewall that id be able to stick a couple wires through to the battery, thanks.
<B>¤Wé§릤<P>95 Red GS V6 5-spd<BR>Stock for now.</B>
GMGQ

Re: Power Wire

Post by GMGQ »

Open the hood and look behind the battery, where the firewall is. There's a 2-3" hole w/ a rubber stopper (not really a grommet?) that you can use to feed wires through. Might have to put another slit in it to fit 8gauge power wires through, but very doable.<p>[ November 06, 2001: Message edited by: GMGQ ]
Gary Mui ( mx3style@shaw.ca )
Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://mx3slimvisors.2ya.com
white fish

Post by white fish »

I feed my through the passenger side I used 4 gauge but you only need 1 wire not two
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by white fish:<BR><STRONG>I feed my through the passenger side I used 4 gauge but you only need 1 wire not two</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>tru tru, Use one 4ga wire and a distribution block.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”