Placement of 3-way speakers

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Redline

Placement of 3-way speakers

Post by Redline »

I just bought 2 decent 3-way speakers, which stock speakers should I replace for the best sound? Front or Rear? Does it matter which?<P>p.s. -I am amatuer at this audio stuff so sorry if its a dumb question.
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Re: Placement of 3-way speakers

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

well if you want correct imaging, the 3-ways will sound better upfront. plus, you're not gonna get too much outta ur back speakers driving up front anyways. <BR>*good back speakers are important, i'm not saying you don't need them!
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
GMGQ

Post by GMGQ »

I actually hear my back speakers more than the front ones while driving.<P>I changed both my front and rear to 6.5" component speakers, and the rear ones are more prominent. I even had to adjust the Front/Rear fader to +1 in the front to even it out. <P>I think it's cuz the hatch area is great for accoustics, so even though the speakers are at the back, the hatch reflects a lot of the sound back to the front. The thing with the front speakers is, they're so low that their sound waves just hit your legs and that's it. If I move my legs towards the center of the car, then then sound from the front speakers is better.
Gary Mui ( mx3style@shaw.ca )
Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://mx3slimvisors.2ya.com
back alley

Post by back alley »

must be hard to drive that way...you b.c. boys are always doin' things a little different.(lol)
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

replace the fronts until you can replace the fronts with components. Then move the 3-ways to the rear. I recently converted my fronts to 5 1/4 infinity reference components, and back to 6.5 infinity reference. It sounds awsome.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
GMGQ

Post by GMGQ »

HAH! I don't drive like that. I'm just saying that when I move my legs towards the center of the car, then the speaker in the driver side door isn't blocked by my legs (therefore sounds better). But it's not That bad anyways. No choice, when the speakers are down there in the first place.<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by back alley:<BR><STRONG>must be hard to drive that way...you b.c. boys are always doin' things a little different.(lol)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Gary Mui ( mx3style@shaw.ca )
Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://mx3slimvisors.2ya.com

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”