best place for a sub

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
jpmx3

best place for a sub

Post by jpmx3 »

I was just wondering where the best place to put a sub, would be and how i would go about doing it. i'm new to the audio world and wanted to know like where to put a box. also where is a cool place for an amp?
SirCruizer

Re: best place for a sub

Post by SirCruizer »

Sub placement in the trunk obviously... Get it where the sub is facing 45 degree angel and face it toward the back. <P>Amp placement: I allwayz liked under the passenger seat or drivers, which ever you prefer. Some people put them right on the box, but its easier for thieves to take it that way.
Friends dont let friends drive Domestic
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

Agreed, the trunk is the most obvious place for a sub. Depending on the type of enclosure you place it in, the angling may or may not be important. I have 2 amps in my car and i have them mounted on the back of the flip down seat. Everything is concealed by the cargo cover, and I hit over 145dB with 2 10" subs.
1993 MX-3 RS/GS-R Under Construction
MX3Chick

Post by MX3Chick »

I have my sub mounted against the back seat in the trunk facing the hatch. I put my amp and cap on the back of the back seat. Its alot easier to make adjustments there instead of having it under the seats. My fiancee has an amp mounted under each of his front seats and its a pain in the a-- to get under there to mess with them, I like my set up alot better.
Megen Murphy
'11 Hyundai Sonata
94 MX3 RIP 9/8/04

Wanna cookie? ;)
mx3ADAM

Post by mx3ADAM »

Not to jump on the band wagon or anything but i love having my amps and fuse block and all htat on my back seat and of course putting my box in the trunk! :)
I EAT HONDAS FOR BREAKFAST!!!<P>MMMMM HONDA, TASTES LIKE "CHICKEN"!!
Alt-Tab

Post by Alt-Tab »

Agreed, it's nice to be able to fold down the back seat and be able to make adjustments while you're driving down the road. I tried facing my sub up, but it totally sounded like crap compared to facing the rear of the car. I've got 1 12" Pioneer TSW302-C and hit about 125 dB with a 500w Legacy Series II amp.
Taylor<P>1995 Chevy C1500 Dark Blue<BR>* 305 (5.0L V8)<BR>* Hypertech Performance chip<BR>* Dynomax dual exhaust<P>SOLD: 1995 Dodge Dakota Sport - Flame Red<BR>* 3.9L V6 - 175 hp<BR>* Flowmaster dual exhaust<P>I Miss my MX-3:<BR>1992 MX-3 GS Blaze Red
Kim 95' V6 DK

Post by Kim 95' V6 DK »

I have placed my amps in the hole for my sparetire and the 10" sup next to it. <A HREF="http://mx-3v6.subnet.dk/_590638.html" TARGET=_blank>http://mx-3v6.subnet.dk/_590638.html</A>
<I>Why get a car whith more than two doors when your not running a daytime kindergarten</I>
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

I have 2 12'' subs in a box in my trunk...and my 600 watt amp is screwed into the top of the box...it sounds the best when the box is in the middle of the trunk
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
liquidleo

Post by liquidleo »

I have a single 12" firing straight back. I designed the back of the box to match the angle of the back seat and it's as wide as the back. With the proper amount of VAS, it only sticks out 6" from the back seat, leaving tons of room in the trunk for all your lute. Oh yeah, if you build and tune it right, it will crank. I only have a 50si running mono(86rms)(24db XO 100hz) and it sounds great(plus it fits under the seat).
liquidleo /93 GS Red
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kim 95' V6 DK:<BR><STRONG>I have placed my amps in the hole for my sparetire and the 10" sup next to it. <A HREF="http://mx-3v6.subnet.dk/_590638.html" TARGET=_blank>http://mx-3v6.subnet.dk/_590638.html</A ... QUOTE><P>I have to say that you have one the TIGHTEST setups I have ever seen. I give you MAD props. I worship the ground you walk on. I can't wait till I get the $$$ to fix up my system (got it all planned out) will look killer. And of course, there will be pix to prove it
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”