2nd DIN

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Sonicxtacy02

2nd DIN

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

Just wondering what you guys are doin with the second DIN slot in our cars. I figure its wasted space just waiting to be taken, considering it cant hold anything without droppin it
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
white fish

Re: 2nd DIN

Post by white fish »

I bought a Cup/coin holder from a ford tarus<BR>I have a sony half DIN EQ I cut the coin holder part out and put my EQ in looks like it was ment to be<P>------------------<BR>Clear White 2.5L GSR
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Go to Mazda and they have a little pocket that goes in there. I don't know how much $$$ it costs tho.<BR>~Ryan~
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

The pocket for the mx-3 is EXPENSIVE...but if you order one from a newer 626, it will fit, and will be a lot cheaper<P>------------------<BR>~'94 GS (Creek Blue Mica)
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
Bbqman218

Post by Bbqman218 »

Im trying to put a gas and air ratio guage , and voltage gauge in that spot. Still trying to hook everything up.
finchuck

Post by finchuck »

i had a clarion digital equilizer in there, with a pioneer head unit above it. looked sweet as hell.
<A HREF="http://www.finchuck.com" TARGET=_blank>Finchuck Online</A>
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

i might put 2 tweeters in there or switches for my neons
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Well, here's my thoughts. I couldn't decide if I wanted an in-dash DVD or an in-dash MP3 player. I'm going to put the Kenwood MP3 player in the top DIN. And the Kenwood DVD player in the bottom DIN. When the DVD is on it will cover up the top DIN and make it look sweet. I won't need the top DIN if my DVD is on right? I thought it would be pretty tight, and I got the best of both worlds. Just my input.<BR>~Ryan~
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

Just a quick question.... how do you plan to hook both the mp3 player and the in dash to the same wiring harness, then wire it to the same speakers. Oh and another thing, how would the screen have the space to slide out of the unit with your shifter in 1st or 2nd (or park).
Shaun Newman
fieval79
Supporting Member

Post by fieval79 »

I just bought a new cd player (finally). It is a Blaupunkt. In a couple of months I'm going to buy the Blaupunkt IDC-A09, which is an in-dash cd changer. It is a 5 disk changer and it will go in the second din very nicely :)<P>My $0.02!!<P>John Van Camp<BR>94 white RS
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02:<BR><STRONG>Just a quick question.... how do you plan to hook both the mp3 player and the in dash to the same wiring harness, then wire it to the same speakers. Oh and another thing, how would the screen have the space to slide out of the unit with your shifter in 1st or 2nd (or park).</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It's a 5-speed and obviously I would have to shift to reverse or to 2nd gear to move it out. I really don't think it's safe or smart to do that while I'm driving.....do you?<BR>~Ryan~
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

ImageImage
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

whoa i wasnt trying to get on your bad side here buddy. It was simply curiousity. I have thought about doin it the same way, but the system that i have pulls the monitor in and out on its own when i switch from dvd to radio, so it wouldnt work with my automatic.
Shaun Newman
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02:<BR><STRONG>whoa i wasnt trying to get on your bad side here buddy. It was simply curiousity. I have thought about doin it the same way, but the system that i have pulls the monitor in and out on its own when i switch from dvd to radio, so it wouldnt work with my automatic.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Naw kid, I was just being sarcastic. Not mad or anything. Sorry if it came off that way. No hard feelings?
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

ImageImage

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”