Bunch of ???'s from a newbie to system's

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
DJ_X-ToNe

Bunch of ???'s from a newbie to system's

Post by DJ_X-ToNe »

1.) what is a good way to power everything (please give diretions of what to do)<P>2.) are the kenwood 600 watt tornado's good subs?<P>3.) please let me know how to wire everything, where the best places are to run wire<P>Please help, any others hints/tips would be greatly appreciated.
mxcess

Re: Bunch of ???'s from a newbie to system's

Post by mxcess »

The easiest way is to buy a wire kit that is matched to the power rating of your amp. The bigger the wire the better. The kits usually include power wire, ground wire, in-line fuse& holder, and RCA wires with "power on" wire attached to it. You need to wire the power cable directly to your + battery post after you disconnect the - side for safety. Then mount the fuse holder as close as possible to the battery, firewall, fender, etc. Then route the wire thru your firewall after you take out a small rubber plug below the brake master cyl. You'll see it if you look closely. After you get the remaining wire inside the car, route the wire above your peddles and secure with zipties. Then take off the door jam rail by pulling straight up. Then route power wire and RCA w/ "power on" wire thru door jam tucking under carpet as needed. Hook up RCA jacks to radio and hook "power on" wire to the power antanae wire from the radio. Take out rear seat bottom and route wires to hatchback. I used the back seat bolt (under carpet) to ground the amp with and haven't any probs yet. This is how I wired mine and you can't tell I have anything wired unless you lift the hood or hatchback. I hope this helped.<BR>BTW- I have a Jensen 400 4X and two 12" Autotek Super Sport subs in a sealed hatchback encloser and it sounds great (only my neighbors disagree) Image You might want to add soundproofing around the car since all the plastic seems to rattle. Later, Robert
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Kenwood 600w tornado? I believe you're talking about the KFC-W3003 right? It is a great sub if you put it in the right box. Remember it is built to handle in a 1.5in³ box (ported or sealed) so as long as you have the right setup they will kick a--. I would suggest a ported box with aero ports. <p>[This message has been edited by VizualXTC (edited August 30, 2001).]
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
DJ_X-ToNe

Post by DJ_X-ToNe »

Sorry, im a TOTAL newbie, whats a ported boted with areo ports? lol sorry this may sound stupid. Also im assuming you mean in a 1.5 FT3 box? not in. or in? thanks though!
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

sorry. Yes, I meant 1.5ft³ instead of 1.5in³. A ported box is a box with port holes in it. Aero ports are a type of port that increases SPL by 3dB (like doubling the input power) Go to your local car audio shop and they will know what you mean. I wouldn't start building a system unless you know a little aobut it. I would look online and learn about it, or find a professional to help you.<BR>~Ryan~<P>
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”