Amplifier

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Hans Fredrik

Amplifier

Post by Hans Fredrik »

I'm just starting on the sound system and need some hints on a good entry level amp. <BR>Installed a pair of pioneer 3-way 6.5 and the sound is nice, but lacking in bass.
Leo_Rivard

Re: Amplifier

Post by Leo_Rivard »

all depends, are you going to power those 6.5's only, add a sub(s), want to power all 4 speakers off amps? How far do you eventually want to take your car stereo?
mxcess

Post by mxcess »

I have the Jensen 400 that you can find at Wally World for about $130. I use it to push 2 autotech SS 12" subs. The Jenson is a four channel sub so you can either bridge it to run 2 subs (like I did) or you can seperate the channels to run the regular speakers and a sub if needed. It also has a built in cross-over. I've had mine a little over a year w/ no problems. I think it is a reasonable amp for someone starting out or just doesn't need too much power. If you get a sub, you might want to invest in some sound deadening mat to put in the trunk area. That is my current problem. Hope this helps! Just my $.02 worth Image Image Image<BR>BTW- When bridged the 400 puts out 300wattsX2<BR> and the 600 is 400wattsX2 @4ohms
finchuck

Post by finchuck »

well obviously w/just the 6.5's your not gunna get much bass. for decent bass you should add a 10" or even better, 12" sub. i hear the bazooka subs are a quick and easy way to get some bass. they aren't supposed to be the most accurate things in terms of bass but for the price and ease of installation, if you aren't an audiophile you shouldn't mind them at all. i've got a 300W amp (6 channels) powering my speakers and one 12" pioneer ported sub. the ported subs require less power and produce more of a boom.
<A HREF="http://www.finchuck.com" TARGET=_blank>Finchuck Online</A>
Hans Fredrik

Post by Hans Fredrik »

I'm planning to get a sub, and a couple of 6.5's for the doors to begin with, it all depends on how much overtime I get this summer. Thanks for the responsess and the introduction to the "mine is bigger than your's" world of car stereos Image<p>[This message has been edited by Hans Fredrik (edited June 28, 2001).]
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

If you get or have pioneer 6/5's 3-yas get a good ampt to push just the fronts. TThe problem I have is that the 6.5's in the read dont sound well with an amp. I have 1 amp for my fronts, 1 for my subs.<BR>you can see my setup on my website.<P>------------------<BR>Barry Clark<BR><I><B>Moderator</B></I><BR>1995 Mazda Mx-3 RS<BR>Chaste White<BR><A HREF="http://www.barrykclark.com" TARGET=_blank>barrykclark.com</A> <BR> custommx3@usa.net

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”